Here we go again and again......

terriep

Well, it just seems like I got my Mom through her rough patch - she is doing well and NED right now - and now my FIL has been diagnosed with cancer. Large mass on his pancreas, spread to his liver and lungs - he's 83 and they don't seem to plan on doing anything to help him. I will know more after his appt. next week. I just can't believe this is happening again so soon. Hubby and I are just having a hard time - the kids are really close to him - he's so active, loves to go dancing and bowling and just "tinker" around the house. Sorry to be a downer, just a little sad and in a funk today. If you could a little prayer would be a great help right now. Thanks all....

oh no, Terrie.

I am so sorry the beast has struck again.

My grandmother was dx with pancreatic cancer as well at 84 years old. Prior to her dx, she was a very healthy, active senior with absolutely no health complaints. Like your FIL, no treatment was recommended. Pancreatic cancer is usually very quick and difficult. My heart goes out to your family.

Cindi o'h

Terri,

So sorry to hear this. My MIL died of pancreatic cancer at 74. She lived a remarkably long time of 18 months. She had gemzar and then a clinical trial that put her into a remission for several months. There is always hope. Prayers being said for her and your whole family.

Dear Terri,

I am so sorry you have another journey to embark on. Cancer just seems as though it is rampat now. My 1st husbands Father whom I adore and who is my kids Grandfather has stage 4 cancer and was dx last Jan and given 6 months tops . Here it is almost a year later and he is still hanging tough. No treatment except surgery to his head. No chemo etc. I am praying for you and your family.

God Bless You,

Jane