Brain MRI Today

Nancy B

Had my 3 month ct scans on Monday, will get results this afternoon. The MRI is scheduled because my balance has gotten worse and we are hoping it has something to do with sinuses, not mets. Would appreciate any spare prayers.

All of you are in my prayers each and every day. Thank you for your support.

Hugs,

Nancy B

Thanks guys, you are the greatest. I picked up the ct written report today. Seems a nodule has grown from 7 x 8 mm to 8 x 9 mm in the lingula. Haven't a clue what the lingula is - haven't had time to look it up. Help - if anybody knows, let me know.

I went for the brain MRI this afternoon. Everything went pretty well until time for the contrast injection. The gal tried; back of right hand, right arm, left arm-twice, back of left hand, then she called in a doctor, he got the inside of my left wrist twice. Finally they said I would have to come back when my veins were "healthy" Have an appointment next Friday and they told me to drink lots of water - that may help. Golly, I hope so.

Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers. At least I didn't have to cook dinner tonight - we ordered pizza delivered.

Love you guys and couldn't handle life without you!

Nancy B

Nancy,

I'm late reading this, but want you to know my thoughts are with you for your MRI. That lingula word is just a descriptive term for a portion of the left lung--I think it means upper left in the front or something like that.

I am very sympathetic to your "can't find a vein issue". That plagues me every time--they can't use my left side because I had lymph nodes removed from under my arm for the breast cancer, and then I didn't get a port for chemo for the lung thing, so many of my veins are fried....miserable. Just had a colonoscopy and they had to use that vein that is in the bend of my elbow for the IV.

good luck,

Cindy

This is what I found when I googled lingula:

lingula (lung)

The lingula of the lung is the region of the left superior lobe that is the equivalent to the right middle lobe in terms of segmental bronchi equivalents. It constitutes the two segmental lobes:

superior lingular bronchopulmonary segment

inferior lingular bronchopulmonary segment

My daughter also has problems with her veins drinking lots of water really does help.

Thanks for the help guys. Most of my left lung is gone (upper lobe and part of the lower one) so I wonder what they could be seeing? I sure am glad to hear drinking lots of water helps, I will try it for sure next time, thanks Millie. Cindy how did your colonoscopy come out - fine I hope.

I was told one time that chemo makes the veins very brittle. My chemo nurses are the only ones that can get one first try. They said they get lots of practice and they are doing bad veins all day. Makes sense.

Looks like I can become a member of Connie's "Nodule Forum" now, heh.

Thanks again for all your help. I love you all.

Nancy B

Nancy,

Seems like you are not alone with the vein situation. Me too....hard to do. Even before chemo I was told I have tiny veins to begin with...add chemo to that....well....not good.

When will you meet with the doc and go over this nodule in the lingula thing? Did you know you even had one before? Didn't see that mentioned anywhere. Maybe you posted it and I missed it.

My thoughts and MORE prayers headed to you. Hope to hear sommething positive soon.

Kasey

Nancy,

Thanks for asking about the colonoscopy--it came out just fine. I wasn't having any problems, but with "my history" as my doctors all say, they really wanted me to get one once I turned 50. I'm good to go for 5 years now and it was no big deal......I just felt so relieved that I don't have to worry about the third most frequent cancer.....

And of course I hope for the very best news on your MRI and the lingula question......

Cindy