Alimta is still doing it's job!

TAnn

Terri,

It was wonderful to read your post. It's so good to hear that you are doing so well and that there are still options for you if Alimta becomes troublesome. We look for alot of great news from you in the new year. Until then, have a wonderful holiday.

Love,

TAnn--

Happy to hear you are having good results with Alimta.

Goes to show how differently different people respond to the chemo drugs.

Alimta about took me out. Provoked a serious bout with pneumonia, from which I'm only now fully recovering.

Perhaps it was just a coincidence that I was vulnerable at that time. But my oncologist agreed that Alimta was a factor in my problems.

On the other hand Tarceva seems to be doing it for me. The only side effect has been the rash, which is now tolerable taking 150 mg two days on/one off.

There was a very interesting article in the NY Times last week with a chart showing how cancer cells lack a certain molecule necessary to activate T-cells that would otherwise destroy the cancerous cells. They seem to be close to understanding the roles of certain proteins involved in the biochemistry and developing drugs like Tarceva that have a targeted effect instead of the systemic toxicity of chemo that makes us feel so lousy.

Let's hope they quicken their efforts and offer us a "just-in-time" solution.

Best to all...