Surgery Pass (Updated)

kimblanchard

Dad is going in for surgery on Monday the 5th so its up to New York for my sister in law's baby shower (Connor is about to be dethroned :lol: ) and then we are stopping at Hopkins on the way back for some surgery..... My dad freaked out yesterday because he was coughing up some junk of another color (EWWW) but his doc down here gave him an antiobiotic and thinks he'll be ok for surgery. He thinks its a bronchial infection not lung. So, he's at pre-op up there today so please keep us in your prayers that he is able to have the surgery and that his heart does ok. I will be thinking of you guys and will try to check in. I'm looking at this as a little vacation, since my husband is staying home with Connor :D

First, Thank you so much for all of the good thoughts and prayers. He is cleared for surgery, they did an extra CT scan to make sure. The nodule in the upper left lobe has grown quite a bit since it was first found, so now it may be a complete lobectomy of the left upper lobe, they won't know until the get in there. They were initially talking about a wedge resection of the upper left. I guess it will be a surgery surprise, lucky us! I'll update sometime next week if I can get to a computer but for now its off to "Club Hopkins"!

Tammy

Hey Tammy,

Many prayers are coming your way for complete success with this surgery.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified...for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you."

Deuteronomy 31:6

GOD BLESS!!

Jamie

Hi Tammy..

I have been trying to figure out what kind of surgery your dad will be having. Will it be to do another wedge resection?

Well. Anyway. Prayers that he will be a candidate (all clear) and that his heart will cooperate fully this time.

Too bad for Connor, but good for g'pa!

Have a great weekend/vacation, Tammy!

love,

Cindi o'h

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for the update. Your dad will be fine. Even if they have to take a lobe instead of a wedge resection he is still extremely lucky as they will not have to take a complete left lung out. Even if they did he still would be a lucky man that he is a candidate for surgery, period!

Enjoy the shower, at least that is a heppy time.

Keep us posted.

Prayers sent out to your dad for success on Monday.

PS Your son is adorable :D

Maryanne :wink: