Monday is the day for me

Nushka

Please add a little prayer to your normal routine for the next few days. I go in for my 6month CT/PET on Monday, Dec 5th and will get my results on Wed, Dec 7th.

It has been a while and I am of course concerned.

I haven't said anything about the MRI yet. I will tell the oncologist about my headaches (that have since ceased) on Wed and let him go from there. I really think it would settle my mind to have it done.

If all is well, he told me the last time that he would release me for a year. I am very nervous about that. I feel safer being watched, if only every 6 months.

Anyway, sorry to go on so long. Prayers please?

Nina

You are certainly in my prayers. I am sure that you will have great results. It is just hard for us to graduate from 3 months to 6 months to 1 year. If you are scheduled for 1 year, you certainly should get that MRI done so that you will have one less worry. You will be fine. :D

Hi Nina, prayers coming your way for clean scans. My radiation (brain) oncologist moved away so I have a new gal. She is good, but concentrates on breast cancer. She told me I didn't need to have a brain MRI unless I had symptoms. I DON'T THINK SO!

I called my pulmonologist and requested an MRI and got one. (Don't have the results yet). It is scary going to 6 months, let alone a whole year. Just pay attention to your body and if something comes up that is even questionable - call your doctor and request whatever test you think you need.

Hugs and prayers to you Nina.

Nancy B

Course, you have prayers, girl. Been thinking about this coming up for you. I hope you get the brain MRI. It just feels real good hearing that the test was unremarkable.

As far as a year goes in-between scans, it has to feel good on some level that the onc. has faith that there will be no recurrence in a year, however, I am with you, Nina, I prefer a closer monitoring. If you were to tell him this, he would agree to a 6 month scan?

Will be continuing to hold you close in prayer.

Cindi o'h

Nina,

Prayers that you hear GREAT results on Wednesday. Please DO mention the MRI. That will be one giant load removed from you shoulders at this time.

I would worry too about not being watched so closely. I can't wait though, until I get to that point...and that is my worry...LONG waits in between scans!!

Kasey!

Nina,

Sending you caring thoughts and strength ever day- but espcially on Monday! I know how nervous I get in the week before scan. I can imagine you forgetting about it after a while and then having six months of anxiety hit all at one right before scan. That would be tought.

I wouldn't really want to wait a whole year before being checked, but it would be so nice to hear the onc say I'd done so well I didn't have to have a scan for a whole year! Hope that's what you get to hear - I'll enjoy it through your experience.

Leslie

Nina,

Good luck on your scan and follow-up visit. I hope all is well. I graduated to once yearly follow-ups and, although I understand your feeling that it's a long time to go between visits, I see other docs all the time too throughout the year, (radiation, oncology, internist, gynecologist)and also would not hestiate to pick up the phone and see my surgeon if I felt anything were wrong.

But, on the positive side, I used to get myself so worked up between my xrays and appts that I couldn't even work right beforehand, so to be rid of that anxiety trip every three months has done me a world of good. To me it's fantastic.

I'll bet he'd consent to keep seeing you on a more regular basis if you asked. I think there's also an issue sometimes with the radiation exposure. I personally, after having breast radiation too, am glad not to be standing in front of that x-ray machine every three months...

Cindy

Cindy

I really appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers. It means the world to me that you all are there for me. I had the scans today, so that part is over. Now the waiting for the results grabs hold in earnest. I have tried to make plans to be very busy all day tomorrow. Even getting my hair cut. You all will be the first to know when I do.

Again, thanks.

Nina