dealing with life after losing mom

Heather M.

I can't believe i am able to get up in the mornings. I miss my mom so much it is unbearable. plus we are already (mom has only been gone 16 days) dealing with legal battles resulting from my mom leaving almost everying to me in her trust. then there are days like today when she sends me some wonderful sign that i know she is here with me. my mom loved ladybugs! she had every ladybug piece of jewelry ever made and tons of stuffed animals etc. this morning i went outside with our shih tzu and sat down on mom's wooden bench. within a minute a ladybug landed on my slipper. i haven't seen a ladybug in months and this morning one landed on me!! that was mom. she has also been sending me voice mails (old ones that i had saved have been sent to me almost daily since she died.) i even called verizon to see if they knew why they were being sent and they are baffled. thank you mom for continuing to be the best mom in the world!!

Hi Heather,

I also just lost my Mom on Nov 17.I know how yuo are feeling and the only consolation is that I hated seeing my Mom suffer and Im happy that she is well again and with my Dad. Otherwise, it is so unbelievable to me that I will never see her again...even though I knew it was coming I cant seem to grasp that concept. I keep wanting to call and tell her something that happened or buy her something at the store like before. Well, thy say the only help is time but know you are not alone in how you feel. Nobody ever loves us like our Moms and thy are irreplacable. Janet

Hi Heather,

I am sorry you are going through such a hard time with the passing of you mom. Her loss is still new and you must give yourself time to heal. That is what she would want. She loved you so much that she has found a way to communicate that to you, through the ladybug and those strange old voice messages. :shock: Thats a new one on me. I never heard that one before.

So you know she is around you especially this time of the year. She will probably stay with you through the hard times you are having emotionally and what is going on with her estate. Once everything quiets down, she will have to move on, just like you will have to also. She would want you to get on with your life and not keep grieving over her. It is always the ones left behind that do the suffering.

I pray things get better for you and you can find some peace.

I lost my mom in June, so I know how hard this is. It really sucks big time to be without your mom.

We are always here for you.

Maryanne

I also lost my mom on November 17, she fought her battle of SCLC until the end.

Every day it seems as if it is getting harder for me. Life is getting back to normal, but sometimes I still want to pick up the phone to call her. I miss her more and more everyday.

What is so hard is that she was 47 and has a 6 year old grandson that will not be able to grow up and really get to know her!!!!! I treasure my moments with my grandmother and he will never have that!!!!!!

Thanks for listening everyone..

Erica

Heather, I'm so sorry you have so many family issues you have to deal with on top of the grief of losing your mom. I think it's so great that she is sending you lots of signs that she is still with you. When that happens to me, I just get the warmest feeling. I fell like I'm completely wrapped in love.