Tarceva may be an option for Ron - finger's crossed!

janetg

Hi,

I was in touch with my brother on the weekend - who just happens to be a district sales manager for Roche pharmaceuticals in Canada. One of his reps works in the oncology division and is a real close friend of Ron's original oncologist. I knew that the rep continues to be in touch with that oncologist so I asked my brother to see if there was any way to get the word out to get his opinion. Contact was made yesterday and Dr. MacCormick is going to contact the cancer centre here (hopefully today) to speak with the guy who's taken his place for the year. They're gonna talk Tarceva - the rep is going to start the process of trying to get the drug through a compassionate program. Thank God that my brother works for Roche, thank God that the guy we highly respect has agreed to get involved (Ron originally knew the oncologist because he is his furnace man) and thank God that Tarceva is now available in Canada.

We realize that this may not change the progression of things BUT at least it looks like Ron will be, at least, offered drug therapy. He was so happy to receive the call from my brother yesterday - he was on the brink of tears and remarked that maybe this was going to be his Christmas present.

Ron's spirits improved so much on the weekend as he has started to regain his strength and is ready to go back into the fight.

Thanks for all of the support and well wishes. I can't tell you how much it means.

Janet