Ugh, I spoke too soon.....

TAnn

Although Alimta has been keeping me stable so far, this last treatment, #7, is really kicking my bu**! I really feel as though that famous beer truck has run me over and then backed up to make sure it got me!

Each treatment gets harder and harder and the side effects start earlier and last longer. My husband and son have been wonderful to put up with all my whining and moaning.

My biggest complaint would have to be the pain I feel in my right lung. Wasn't too bad before chemo, but it's there now. Really bad fatigue too. This too shall pass, I just hope it does so quickly! :(

TAnn

Saying prayers that you're feeling better really soon and are able to tolerate the treatment better. Isn't it great to have a patient and understanding family? As for the beer truck, tell it to make a u-turn before getting to you!

TAnn,

I'm so sorry to hear this. Pain in your lung??? Red flags went up on that one. Do you have any idea why the pain? That doesn't sound normal. Mike had problems begin after his 6th treatment with Alimta where he became severely short of breath. In his case he had developed pneumonitis, but he had no pain . Just to be on the safe side, I would make sure your doctor knows about that right away. Take care and I hope you feel better quick..

Love,

Sue

TAnn

Poor poor baby.

Brian and I send hugs and prayers and lots of love

Extra hugs for hubby and son and lots of support for all of you.

Doesn't this whole thing just bite???

You are entitled to some whines and moans, in fact, Brian will join you!!

Lots of love

Pat and Brian

ugh. TAnn, I hope this passes quickly. you've been through so much, for so long. you're really an incredible woman and well entitled to as much moaning as you need! just keep that fighting spirit going too, and you'll come through. your family sounds great.

xoxo

amie

Teri,

I am so sorry you are feeling like cr*p. I will assume that you told your doc about the lung pain and that you are taking pain meds. I just hope it all settles down for you soon. You are always in my prayers but I'll send up some extra for you in the next few days.

I hope you feel better soon. You are one strong woman to put up with all you have. Your poor little body is probably just screaming to let you know it is still there and fighting like heck.

Nina

We found Alimta very difficult. Despite the short infusion time it was the most toxic to Jim's body. He tolerated the Taxol/carboplatin wo well they actually gave him two additional treatments which kept him in remission for 6 mos. The Alimita took a real toll in terms of depleted red cell count (2 transfusions required), fatigue, and feeling unbelievably cold all the time... he would sit on the sofa wrapped up in blankets from head to foot. There was also a progressive buildup of fluid in the lung which had to be drained. CT scans at the end of the treatments showed that the Alimta did not work so the started him on Taxotere. He's had some fatigue but nothing like the previous... and they kept him on Aranesp throughout the treatments to keep the red cell count up. Hope they can get you back on track. The pain may be the result of fluid. Jim had the thoracentesis which was no picnic, but he got almost immediate relief. Good luck!

Sandy F.