Coming Up For Air...

Fay A.

Had a little problem with the contrast dye used in Friday's CT scan...resulted in a serious direct hit to my kidneys and liver coming on the heels of chemo. I've lost over 10 pounds in the past 6 hours, but I'm not in need of IV therapy yet. Folks, you can help balance your hydration by mixing one part gatorade, one part water, a pinch of salt, and drinking it or making it into ice cubes/crushed ice. Or drink Pedialite (?). Also, keep bananas on hand as they're good sources of potassium. If all else fails eat potato chips and drink lots of water, even if it does make you feel like you have small knives under every inch of your skin.

Back to the cave....

Uh, well...at least you're consistent? :oops: Is there any other dye they can use for your scans? Soooo ridiculous to compromise your kidneys for a flippin' picture! You have a cave to decorate for the holidays, you should be painting the walls in scenes of Mammoth Hunts and self-portraits with spears! Geesh!

Hope you're back up to weight to be a contender again by Monday!

xxoo,

Becky

Hi Fay,

Well, mind as well add that to your list :roll:

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: This is enough already!!!!

Does anybody here me up there!!!!! Fay needs some positive changes here!!!!!! Jeeze...

Still sending mega positive healing thoughts your way.

Maryanne

Attention Universe:

BACK OFF!!!!!! Fay needs some restful, non-eventful, recouperative, things are looking up, worry free days! Many of them! NOW! No more of this off-the-wall flukey stuff for her, do you hear me?!!!

(I hope it heard me).

Fay... praying for you. Keep hydrating, rest up, and know that we won't stop cheering you on.