Claire Hill (bellringer)

gerbil runner

http://www.legacy.com/providence/Obitua ... d=15972628

HILL, CLAIRE (THIBAULT), 61, of Mill Pond Rd., passed away December 11, at home surrounded by her loving family after a two year battle with cancer. She was the beloved wife of Lyle M. Hill; they enjoyed 39 years of marriage.

Claire was an accomplished solo and choir vocalist, guitarist and English Handbell Ringer. She enjoyed painting, knitting, fishing, reading, and crafting. She will be remembered by her family and friends for her sense of humor, quiet determination, and love of chocolate.

Claire was a daughter of the late Roland and Irene Thibault. Besides her husband, she is survived by her daughter, Jennifer Lavoie of Foster, RI and her recently reunited birth son, Patrick Channing of Florida; five grandchildren; a sister, Janice Conway of CT and many cousins, nieces and nehphews. She was sister of the late Shirley Brodeur.

Her funeral service will be held Thursday 10:00 A.M. in the AVERY-STORTI FUNERAL HOME, 88 Columbia St., Wakefield. Burial will be in Quidnessett Memorial Cemetery, North Kingstown. Visiting hours Wednesday 4-7 P.M. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to LUNGevity Foundation, 4541 North Ravenswood Ave., Suite 303, Chicago, IL 60640.

The sounds of your mom's singing and music, the sights of her creative arts, and the happiness a luscious chocolate goodie gave her are going to be remembered by all the people whose lives she touched. How beautiful to be remembered like that.

Sending you caring thoughts and strength, Jen.

Leslie

Jen, that was a beautiful obit. You mom was so talented and accomplished in so many different fields. She certainly made quite an impact in her years here.

My deepest condolences goes out to you and all of your family and friends. I will be thinking of you Thursday and wishing you peace.

Take care, Iam so sorry for the loss of your mother as they are so special. I lost mine this year and there is such a void that just can't be mended.

Peace be with you.

Maryanne