Getting to know You - December 13

Ann

My two dogs, Nigel and Pearl. They are a constant source of amusement for Joel during the day. When Joel is having a bad day and laying down, Nigel lays right close to him and stares at him with big brown eyes. They greet me when I come home like I'm somebody famous. I wouldn't trade them for $1,000,000.

My dad died when I was 8. For Christmas that year, his older sister made my brothers and I each a book she had (hand) written and illustrated about my dad's life. She started with her memories of his early years, his army years, and wrote up until the time he met my Mom.

I would have never known many of those stories without this wonderful gift. I still cherish it...and now my own children love it!

:) Kelly

jim, you look so dang cute in your car! I cannot believe that it could be anything other than spotless.

I inherited a cameo locket from my great-grandmother that my Dad had given to her when he was in the army. I open it up and I have his boyish grin on one side and his christening photo on the other. I just love that my Dad loved her enough to save some of his beer money to spoil her.

Cindi o'h

Well I thought about all the antiques I've purchased over the years...trying to pick something and then I realized that the coolest thing I own is my house. We've lived here since we were married and we've worked on it and fixed it up so its exactly what we want. We've done so much remodeling we've remodeled the remodeling we did 20 years ago. It's full of all the things I've collected and its decorated rustic like an old cabin. It belonged to my parents so its been in the family since the 40's. The Flint Journal actually did a story on our house (and others but we got the photo spread :lol: ) in October.

Well, I would certainly have a rought time doing without my computer and the internet. Jeesh, it's a way of life now and enhances my life incredibly.

But the coolest thing I have is the WWI diary my grandfather wrote when he was 18-20 years old. He raised me (from birth and I've never thought of him as anyone but my dad). I found it long after he died and saw a side of my dad I'd never known - a very young man experiencing war. I transcribed it because the ink was fading.

Leslie

I think that my "cool" thing has got to be a big pineapple picture/art piece that we bought in Hawaii a few years ago. It is looks like a vintage sign for pineapple juice and is shaped like a pineapple. We went around and around whether or not to buy it and bring it home with us, because it was fairly expensive; but decided to and we all just love it!

Cathy

Oh, this is hard to decide. I just got two 5x7 pictures of my sister - one where she is looking down at Calem, and one that is my avatar, that match the larger pictures my mom has.

I made my mom and I matching lung cancer awareness necklaces, with a silver lung cancer ribbon on it. (It would be nice if some of the proceeds went to cancer research, but nice lung cancer awareness jewlery seems to be hard to find.)

I have a little VW keychain that is one of the last things my sister gave me.

But I think the thing I own and value the most is my photographs and negatives, because they are irreplaceable.

Lynda,

How right you are! I would run into a burning house to save my pictures as they are my past and they are of the people I love most dearly. If I could only have one thing in my house, it would definantly be my pictures!!!

I love you're what cancer can not take.

God Bless you,

Jane