Prayer Request for Joanie - Daggiesmom

daggiesmom

We got better news about Joanie's condition. The second surgery does seem to have successfully stopped the bleeding. At this point, the plan is to keep her fully sedated and perform more tests in the morning. If all goes well with those tests, they will extubate and bring her out from under the anesthesia. She isn't out of the woods yet, not by a long shot, but there seems to be a clearing ahead.

I will update again tomorrow night. Thanks again.

Brian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, things took a turn for the worse today with Joanie. They thought the bleeding had been stopped and began to reduce the sedation this morning. Then, at around 11:00, she started bleeding again. At this point, surgery is scheduled for 7:30 in the morning. They are going to remove as little of the lung as possible but may have to take the whole thing. They won't know until they go in.

Thanks again for your prayers and please keep them coming.

Brian

You are wonderful to update us like this. Joanie means so much to so many of us here. She is loved. Give her hand an extra squeeze for all of us and let her know everyone's right by her side in spirit.

Sending all caring thoughts and strength that this will all ultimately turn out back on the up-side of the roller coaster and Joanie will feel better soon.

Leslie

Yes, please, Brian.

Tell Joanie that we love her and are rooting (quietly) for her. She will be able to feel the power of our care and concern for her. We are a good prayerful group and you better believe that Joanie is on our hearts today. I have whispered her name already and I will continue on.

love, Cindi o'h

Oh Brian, Geeze I don't know what to say.

She is such a wonderful person, and I miss her presence her so much.

I have a special area in my house set up with special candles for my family members here who need healing. I have one lit for her. My Joanie candle..

I pray for a change for the better and that bleeding stops. I pray this surgery will do it.

I am so sorry Brian. Hang in there. I am confident she will come though this and we will have her back soon.

Prayers also sent to you Brian for strength.

Maryanne

Dear Brian, Joanie has been here for me every step of the way with my brother..She used to email mark and I to check on us all the time..Please know you both are in my prayers..I will pray for good news and Joanie's recovery!! She is a great person, and she is very SPECIAL to me..

Lots of love, hugs and prayers headed your way!!

Donna

Joanie had her surgery this morning & it took a turn we were not anticipating. Rather than removing any of her lung, the surgeon cleaned out & opened (i.e. flattened) the fistula. He then took muscle tissue and, in effect, applied it as a patch thus closing off the fistula.

The post op x-ray looks good and the bleeding seems to have stopped. We will know more over the next couple of days. If everything goes well they should be able to extubate & bring Joanie out of the anesthesia in the next 24 - 48 hours.

Brian