Getting to Know You ....December 14

Ann

I'm with Maryanne. I love White Christmas by Bing Crosby!!! It makes me think of my childhood and all the magical Christmas times.

PS...My Dennis loved Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer. See...told you he was a hoot!

The only songs I know all the words to are Christmas Carols and What Child Is This is the ring on my cell phone. (I tell everyone it is Greensleeves when not Christmas) So I almost all of them are my favorites, but especially O Holy Night and Do You Hear What I Hear.

OBTW, I do know all the words to Happy Birthday and Tantum Ergo (That's for Catholics who remember the mass in Latin)

Being a Navy brat and a one-time Army wife, the song that can put a lump in my throat is "I'll be Home for Christmas". Most especially the last line "...I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams."

I also like a song that is getting lumped in with the Christmas groupings lately, Alabama sings it, "Angels Among Us".

Favorite instrumental song is "Carol of the Bells" - a nod to Bellringer.

Hate to sound maudlin, but one of my favorites (there are so many!), has to be Blue Christmas by Elvis.

Believe it or not, "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" came out the year my grandmother died which was in November. So everytime the damn song played, I would start bawling. All of us in the family found it funny that we were crying over this stupid song(my sense of humour is inherited) so we would be laughing while we were crying. :roll::lol::lol:

Silent Night will totally bring me to tears as I remember bringing my youngest son home from the hospital on Christmas eve (born on Dec. 22nd)... my neighbors got together with their relatives and came caroling outside of our living room window and sang Silent Night to me as I stood there with our newborn son in my arms. I will never forget it...

Sue