Mike Coughing and Can't eat

shineladysue

Mike is having a lot of problems these days. It all started after the 1st dose of his CPT 11 and has gotten worse. Scans on Dec. 8th (as in test time) showed stable tumors and no other progression , but there were a couple of new things. One was that the tumor seemed to encase and compress the esophagus, there was a new area of ground glass opacity in the lung and an area of fibrosis. Mike is having a lot of problems swallowing his food , as well as, coughing. After several doctor visits, this is where he is headed next. Yesterday we were at the pulmonlologist and he set up the following ..

Today Dec. 15th- we will be going in for a doctor appointment with the Gastroenterologist.. we hope he will be doing a procedure to dilate the esophagus.. will learn more from him.

Dec. 19th- Mike goes in the afternoon for an outpatient bronchoscopy , by his pulmonologist) to see what is going on in his lung and to take some samples etc.

Dec. 22nd.-We will learn those results of the bronchoscopy.

It's 2:52am and I'm a bit tired , but we are both up because of Mike's coughing. We are praying for the findings to discover simple things with simple solutions. He is so very miserable right now. I just wanted to let you know what is going on and ask for your prayers. Thank you for being there for us.

Love,

Sue

Sue, I'm happy to see that the doctors are pursuing a fix for the cough. I remember Jim's coughing episodes that interrupted his days and nights for months. It sounded so miserable for him. I hope they come up with a solution in time for the holiday feasting.

Take care,

Lynne

I am so sorry Mike is continuing to have problems. With all of these appointments, I am sure someone will be able to help. I am certainly going to keep on praying for both of you! You take care of yourself and give Mike our love!

(((Sue and Mike)))

At least, by the time you read this, one of the to-do's on the lists will be behind you. Hope the results of today's visit will end up being a big help. Sending all caring thoughts and strength that the two of you will be able to get some much-needed deep sleep and that Mike's swallowing problems will be a thing of the past in time for turkey.

Leslie

((((Sue)))),

You know, of course, prayers are being said for you guys. Hopefully the esophagus fix will alleviate most of these bad symptoms and the cough will improve as well.

I am sorry this is such a rough patch you are agoing through. Hoping the peace of this season spills over into your lives and things improve.

Love,

Kasey

Thank you all so very much. I'm really tired, but wanted to drop in and give this brief intinerary for this next week...

Monday -Mike will have a bronchoscopy (outpatient procedure at hospital)... with biopsies and possible stent to the trachea

Wednesday-Mike will have a egd (another outpatient procedure and another hospital in a nearby city) .. the doc will go in and stent open his esophagus and put in a feeding tube port for backup in his stomach.

Thursday-will be a doctor appointment to get biopsy results from the bronchoscopy on Monday.

Almost sounds like a new version of the 12 days of Christmas. It's not how we would like to spend them , but we will make the best of each of those days. Thank you so much for your love and prayers. I just can't thank you enough.

Love,

Sue

Hi Sue,

Thinking of your both and praying that the stent does the job for Mike.

You are having such a hard time. I wish I could do something to help you. All I can do is send prayers like everyone else.

You are great to keep us posted. I just wish I could lighten your load.

Maryanne