Way OT / Casserole Recipe

Ann

I have desperately been trying to keep myself busy and my mind occupied for the past few days, so last night I made this casserole to bring to the office today. I should have shared this recipe with Andrea for the cookbook. I had forgotten how good and easy this dish is. So...thought I'd share this with any of you that need fast, easy dishes for this time of year.

Buffalo Chicken Dip

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)

1 (12oz) bottle Frank's Hot Sauce

2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese

1 (16 oz) bottle blue cheese salad dressing (or Ranch if you prefer)

8 oz shredded cheese...sharp, Monterey Jack, or combo

Preheat oven to 350. Boil chicken until cooked thoroughly. Remove chicken from water and shred with two forks. In a 13x9 baking dish, combine chicken with hot sauce. Spread evenly in baking dish. In large saucepan, over medium heat, combine the cream cheese and salad dressing. Stir until smooth and hot. Pour evenly over chicken. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top and bake for another 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Really yummy!!!

Sounds wonderful, Ann. But I don't think we have Frank's hot sauce here. What would you recommend as a substitute???

Also....I am not sure if this is in the cookbook or not...make ahead mashed potatoes. If not, and you are like me.....hustling at the last minute with EVERYBODY standing in the kitchen while you stir gravy, finish the veggies, and try to mash potatoes, these are a Godsend! Let me know if you want the EASY recipe. They can even be done 2 whole days ahead. YIPPEE!!!!

Kasey

Kasey...I would love the recipe. I am to the point that I cook most everything that has to go in the oven the day before a big dinner and then just heat it all up. Having mashed potatoes ready ahead would be be a wonderful help!

As for the hot sauce, I think almost any brand would work. This is the hot sauce in the bottles...sauce is red. I think some brands call it "pepper sauce." It's the same sauce I use when I make wings.

PS...I made a double recipe of this for work today and the dish is now empty.

Okay....my family LOVES these and so does everyone I have shared the recipe with. I have made them a day ahead BUT last year my neighbor actually made them 2 days ahead and they were fabulous. So there you go! Hope you all enjoy too!

8 -10 medium potatoes (russet, peeled and cut into quarters) I just use a 5 lb. bag!

8 ounces cream cheese, softened (or buy soft variety)

1/2 cup sour cream or more milk as needed

1/4 - 1/2 cup butter, melted ( I use barely 1/4)

3 green onions, chopped (I don't use these)

paprika (optional)

Cook quartered potatoes in salted (1 tablespoon) boiling water until tender, 15 minutes (?), drain and mash

Beat in cream cheese, sour cream and a little milk if too stiff. Mixture should be thck - but not too thick

Put in sprayed or buttered casserole, drizzle with melted butter and chopped onions (if desired)

Paprika - if desired

Refrigerate or bake immediately at 300 degrees 30 to 40 minutes, or until slightly golden on top. If they've been refrigerated, they may take a LITTLE longer.

Leftovers freeze for another time

Makes 10 - 12 generous servings

I often use MORE potatoes and then add a little more sour cream or milk. It should just look like regular mashed potatoes!!!!!

Hope your family enjoys them. Mine does. AND I know they are okay if made even 2 days ahead. There's nothing to really go bad in them. Sometimes I do stir them in the midst of baking!

I am ALL for easy and ahead of time!!

Kasey

Thanks for the recipe, Kasey! This sounds great! I will be trying this for Christmas dinner this year! Now...Cindi...don't salivate all over the place!!! You'll drool all over the pub and make such a mess!