Newcomer

Brit

I have been debating whether or not to come on here. My partner has NSCLC and was diagnosed last year. It has been a hell of a year let me say. I am having a very hard time dealing with it. We are supposed to grow old together, sitting in our rocking chairs, reminicing of days gone by. Only 39 years old, it just seems so unfair. Thanks for listening, I'm sure as I get used to this, I shall share more if I'm allowed to.

Brit :?

Hi Brit.

Welcome!

We are pretty much all in the same boat, so whatever feelings you have had, there are many of us who have had the same feelings.

Share as much as you would like about your situation.

This is not an easy road for either the survivor or loves of the survivor. But, here we are!

Hang in there. We are here for each other.

Cindi o'h

Welcome Brit,

If you have visited here before, hopefully you know we are here to help support you and offer what assistance you need. You are free to share as much or as little as you wish. The more you share, however, the more the folks here can help.

Hope you decide to stay and allow us to help you.

Kasey

Welcome Brit--I am so sorry your partner has been diagnosed. Please fill out your profile so we know a little more about what you are dealing with. We've all been where you are now so let us help you if we can. I am so glad you took the plunge and posted.

Rochelle

You are very welcome here, Brit, and I am glad you decided to post. I'm sorry about your partner, and I do understand as I am a primary caregiver to my partner as well. It sounds like you have gotten through the first year, and that is a milestone with LC. Let us know how we may support you, and keep us posted on your partner. Don

Hi Brit -

I am so glad you found us and decided to post -- Please let us know more about your partner's situation. I promise you that this group will be here to support you through good and bad -- it is a great mix of survivors and caregivers...who have been through possible scenario.

Please keep visiting.

Holly

Hi Brit,

Just want to welcome you and so sorry about your partners condition. I am glad you decided to post.

Maybe you can fill in a profile so we could know a little more about your partners condition.

Maryanne

Welcome Brit I am so very sorry to hear about your partner.

I understand completely how you are feeling. My husband was diagnosed almost 3 years ago, and I still have a hard time dealing with it. Your e-mail touched a cord with me because my husband and I always used to talk about growing old together, being the crotchety old couple sitting on our rockers on the front porch and yelling at the neighborhood kids to keep off our lawn, and about how "in our day things were different" etc....

You are right, it isn't fair. It is like being given the greatest gift in the world, and then having to give it back. But then again, we have been blessed to know a love so great that it is unimaginable to I think the majority of society. We've been given this time with our mates to love deeply and openly. So many people go through their whole lives and never get to experience this.

My husband is only 34. I struggle thinking it isn't right for someone so young to get this disease. But I have also learned it isn't right for anyone at any age to get this nightmare.

Brit, I'd love to tell you that time makes it easier to deal with. In a way it's true, partly. In time, you get into routines and can even have times where you forget, but there are always those days, where it feels like you are back at the beginning in the first days of diagnosis and your world is crashing in, you are too weak to handle all this and it is just too much to bear. When you feel those days, please come here and let all the loving and supporting people here help you. That is what we are here for.

Brit, you are now in my prayers. Please come back and tell us more about your partner. If you are comfortable sharing his/her story, and name I will call out to God for comfort peace and healing.

God Bless