to all those who took offense.....

melindasue37

Good Morning,

I would like to give everyone who took offense to my post a very sincere apology. (Especially Fay). I really am sorry.

I would never, ever make light of the fact that members here have cancer.

I know how difficult living with this disease is....but Fay, you were absolutely right. I see it through a loved ones perspective. It isn't the same.

The very last thing I wanted to do was upset anyone or start a debate.

When I read the "Cancer is a gift, as Ann said I looked at it from a very different way.

Please accept my heartfelt apology.

Melinda

Hi Melinda.

No need for apologies to me, I wasn't offended. I just didn't agree.

As you said you were looking at it from a different perspective which I realized, being there for me was very different from helping take care of my Mom.

Wouldn't it be boring if we all thought the same thing?

Hope you have a good holiday.

Geri

Melinda, you have absolutely no reason to apologize. Everyone is welcomed to share what is in their thoughts on this board. I am so glad you are still with us. We all have diversified views about things and it would be a really dull world if we all thought exactly alike.

Hi Melinda,

I am so glad that you posted as I was worried about you and I know how bad you felt.

I want you to know I am so glad you are back with us. You have a very strong presence here and we need your imput and support.

Take care honey, have a great holdiday,

Maryanne :wink::wink:

Melinda,as the others have stated you don't need to apoligize to me either.I am also in the group that doesn't in any way shape or form consider lung cancer a gift of any kind.However I am able to see where having this disease can make us aware of things much taken for granted in our lives before cancer.

I am very glad you are here with us.There are many members here and many have different ideas and perspectives on many things.It is often hard to post anything that all readers are in unison about.

Hi Melinda,

I agree that I don't think an apology is necessary. You didn't do anything wrong other than express your positive attitude and feelings.

I also think gift is too good a word for cancer, unless it is some sort of terrible white elephant gift (don't know if everyone out there knows what that is, but it usually is a gift that is junk and of no use). However, aside from that term, I can see what you were trying to say. That through all this pain, grief, fear and disease there are still good moments and things to enjoy and appreciate. that with this disease comes a perception and gratitude for life's little miracles that most take for granted. My Keith has said many times that before cancer he was on a self distruct path, was angry for no reason, believed in nothing, and was running himself into the ground. He was on a road to ruin and even possibly death with no light in his heart. He says that although he'd give anything to be cured, that he thinks some good has come from his being sick. He has found God again, he has reconnected with his family again, he finds joy in every day and in every small detail. He is happier and loves deeper in these past 3 years than he has the previous 20. If he is destined to lose this fight, he knows where he is going and will have seen the beauty around him on the way there. Those are gifts. Cancer is not a gift, but God blesses those who reach out, those in trials and need, those who want and are open to accepting them, many precious gifts. These gifts are available to all regardless of cancer, but sometimes it takes cancer to make us reach out and take them.

Melinda, I think you have a big heart, and are doing the best you can to bring light to your world and all those around you. There is no fault in that.