joint pain??

joanie55

Sounds like some kind of arthritis, Joanie. You may want to inquire to a good rheumatologist. I had a bad flare about 6 months post treatment.

There are meds that can slow down joint destruction if you have the "crippling" kind of arthritis. Also, there are meds to help with pain and inflammation.

According to oncodoc, the chemos suppress the immune system and after treatment, it is not uncommon to have joint pains as never before, since arthritis is an autoimmune disease. ie self attacking self.

good luck.

Cindi o'h

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Joanie,

I think marym is “right on.” I’ve been taking 200 mg. of Celebrex twice a day for over 1 ½ years as an adjunct therapy. I’ve heard that it is effective in about 25% of cancer paitents. I’ve been taking it in the morning and with lunch. Recently noticed I had lots of aches and pains in the evenings and started taking the second daily tablet in the evening. Taking them about 12 hours apart really helps me with the aches and pains and hopefully it is helping me fight the cancer.

Hi Joanie,

I think marym is “right on.” I’ve been taking 200 mg. of Celebrex twice a day for over 1 ½ years as an adjunct therapy. I’ve heard that it is effective in about 25% of cancer paitents. I’ve been taking it in the morning and with lunch. Recently noticed I had lots of aches and pains in the evenings and started taking the second daily tablet in the evening. Taking them about 12 hours apart really helps me with the aches and pains and hopefully it is helping me fight the cancer.

Hi Joanie,

I had severe joint pain in hands, hips, feet etc. At times I could hardly walk. I would walk bent over for a while, especially after I had been sitting or laying down. I looked and felt like a very old woman. I think it was from the chemo. I see that you recently finished chemo also. The pain eventually did go away. Well most of it anyway.

Best Wishes,

Dee