Update on Z...

jang

I just visited "Z" in the hospital yesterday. Her surgery went well. They removed the upper and middle lobes and she is doing fine. She looks great! What an incredibly strong, wonderful person she is. I hope they let her out in time to spend Christmas at home.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent Christmas in the hospital, but got home for New Year's. I am now recovering at home. Have a problem with a persitant cough (whenever I breathe in a bit deeper) and feel tired and sleepy a lot. Doctors keep saying it will go away, but I am not so sure all is well there.

Pathology of the removed lung tissues showed all negative - it all got killed by radiation and chemo, whatever was there before. (Now I am thinking it was all a mistake - there was never cancer there really:)

Pathology of the removed lung tissues showed all negative - it all got killed by radiation and chemo, whatever was there before. (Now I am thinking it was all a mistake - there was never cancer there really:)

That is great news Z. Great news. Even though doubtful, if a mistake, to be cancer free is a true blessing.

The cough will go away. After surgery I was fat and ugly, had hiccups real bad at first and then a cough. The hiccups and cough went away. Now I'm just fat and ugly like before the surgery. :)

Congratulations on your successful opertion and cancer free status Z.

You know, I have always entertained the notion that I never had cancer at all but had to go along with the surgery and chemo just in case they were right. I mean, after all, I had to believe the doctors and the technology, right? I never had any first hand knowledge of my cancer at all. I felt fine and had no symptoms. I don't dwell on it too much though. I am 99.9999% they were right.

Don M