Asking for prayers! Update 12-22

Calintay

Mom goes to Dr. tomorrow and will probably have scan scheduled. She wants to ask for a PET scan as she fears it may have returned elsewhere. Is a PET scan a normal scan to have she hasn't had one since dx just has had CT scans. She also has some concerns about feeling fatigued all the time and overall we are very nervous but optimistic. Please give me some insight about PET scan on 3 month check up. I know it will scan the whole body and that only makes since to me. Prayers are welcomed and as always praying for all on the boards and a cure to happen.

Heidi

Heidi,

I hope I did not miss smomething. When you said that your Mom fears it may have returned elsewhere....has it returned ANYWHERE? If so, I totally missed that!

Many prayers that all is well. I follow you guys closely and am hoping and praying for only the BEST news! I know you will let us know as soon as you can.

BTW....how are you doing? Let us know about that too!!!!

Love,

Kasey

Heidi,

My mom hasn't had a PET Scan in awhile. Her onc said it is not needed. Her last one was March 05 (I checked my profile). He said the CT scan will check lung and liver areas and adrenal gland, etc. They were only going to do a PET if they saw something b/c the PET is a whole lot of radiation and he said we didn't want her glowing in the dark :)

Well my mom went to Dr. appt. I was unable because I had my son and was babysitting my neice so she could go. So the doctor checked her over said she has osteoarthritis in her knees and that he wants a complete bone scan and a spinal cord x-ray with that. He said that with this cancer that would be the more than likely place it would appear. They did blood work and he wants to see her back in 4 months. They will call her to set up test dates and she can get results one week after testing.

Now the questions her last CT was in Aug. and he did not order one. Is that kind of strange? Do you think he suspects bone mets? He did say the possibility of nothing being there is good. So is this normal protocol? Any insight or answers appreciated. So please pray for good results!

Heidi