Get the Kids and Dogs Indoors - CharlieD is Back On Steroids

CharlieD

This Clinical Trial is flat kicking my butt. Five hours after the Gemzar Infusion Tuesday, it hit me like a freight train. Been in bed since with flu-like symptoms (chills,nausea, achy,fatigue). Talked to my Doc this AM and she put me back on Decadron and Zofran. I feel pretty confident that this will do the trick. Just took the pills so gotta wait and see.

After we get through this crisis, gotta figure out if I want to continue in the Trial. Got next week off as planned, so got some time to consider it. I would really like to stick out through the next three week cycle and then look at a CT Scan, but she wasn''t too sure it would be worth it.

And soooo, the Decadron problem. I am no longer responsibe for what I say or do. So Kasey, how about giving me a break. I promise I won't be any raunchier or filthy minded than Frank

God Bless You All, and Merry Christmas

CharlieD

((((Charlie)))),

You just BE however you must BE. I have been known to LIKE...and even SHARE...raunchiness on MANY occasions :lol: !

Now seriously, Charlie, I am sorry this trial is wreaking havoc with you. How many more rounds would there be? The next one and MORE then? I forget. Hope you can enjoy the holiday - at least a little bit.

Will be thinking of you and wishing well soon, Charlie. And just don't you worry about me. I will ALWAYS love you...no matter what :wink: !

Love,

Kasey

Hey Ry,

I thought you were going to say the John found drinking lots of water helped prevent him from being raunchy. I must have had too much eggnog already :roll: !

You're right Charlie....just 'git er done'!!!!

And Cindi....just keep serving me at the pub and I won't care WHAT ANYBODY says :wink: !!!

XOXOXO to you all!

Kasey

Kasey.. got a Snowshoe Grog (peppermint schnapps and hot cocoa) with a peppermint stick just for you! When you have had your fill here, we'll put it in a flask around your neck to keep the chill out! Perfect.

And for Charlie... just stop the chemo.. I am sure I have something back here that will do the job on those cells and be a whole lot more fun in the process.... Now that is get r done!

Charlie,

Part of the muscle ache can be related to dehydration. I was having muscle cramps from my feet to my neck; real Charley Horse cramps. The doc suggested I try Pedialyte, and it helped. I bought the unflavored stuff.

Also, I don't know if your legs are weakened at all from any of this but mine are. Here is something we came up with which has also helped.

Because I was stuck in bed for several days in a row my toes/feet were pointed downward, which resulted in a shortened calf muscle. (The weight of the bedspread and blankets resting on the toes caused the foot to point.) When I would go to try to walk my feet would straighten out, the calf muscle would try to stretch, and the muscle cramps were horrendous in both the calf and the arch of the foot. We built a little "tent" platform at the foot of the bed and placed under the linens so the covers no longer rest on my feet. No more shortened calf muscles because I'm in bed so much, and a lot less pain from muscle cramps in the legs and feet when I get up to try to walk.

Hoping you are able to enjoy the holidays.

Charlie,

I hope they can get these rotten side-effects under control so you can go ahead and finish this trial. You've put so much time and energy into it, I'd sure like to see you finish the project.

You know, Cindi ought to open a VIP room in the back of the bar for we steroid folks. It could be The Roid Room! Anything goes! I'd just hate to be the Bouncer in there - could get ugly! :lol:

Leslie

Back room is open!

We can all get ugly on each other! :twisted: I am down to 25mg though, so I am doing well. I hope to get off them soon. It has been over a year of mostly 40mg and many 60mg days.

The walls are padded for safety sake. I think we could use a deck of cards and play "nutsie". A case of cold Bud lite ought to do it for awhile, too.

Thank you all for your comments and concern. I feel like a new man tonight. I Took the Zofran and Decadron at 10 AM and by 12 Noon I felt remarkably better. Was hungry and had some Oyster Stew and an Ensure Milkshake with Chocolate Marshmellow ice cream. The Oyster Stew is an annual thing on Christmas Eve, but Thelma bought the oysters early in hopes they might entice me. They did, along with the steroids. I realize that this medication is merely masking the cause and I only got two days of Zorfan and I'm going to try to stop them both after the two days.

Ry, I remember what you said John did about drinking lots of fluids so I really pushed the water which I think was the reason the achy feeling and leg cramps subsided so quickly. Fay A sugggested the same thing. Really lucky to have all you trail blazers out there making the road so much easier for those of us following.

Frank, the chocolate donuts are on my shopping list for tomorrow. The Bud Lite also but this acid reflux prevents me from consuming stuff that burns going down. (Incidentally Frank, are you old enough to remember a beer named Dubois-Budweiser?) Bloody Marys and Mimosas Christmas morning will be the exception. And Cindi, Snowshoe Grog Indeed. That sounds like what we call Tractor Gas, but to each his own.

Thanks again everybody and God Bless.

CharlieD

Charlie,

So sorry to hear that your chemo is causing you such discomfort. Yes, the wonderful people here always know just what to do and it usually works. Glad you are feeling better with the Zofran, steroids and lots and lots of water. I usually stock up on Gatorade at chemo time and just down one glass after another for the first 4-5 days.

You are one brave soldier, Charlie.

TAnn

Charlie,

Sure am sorry that you are feeling so badly. It sounds like you have it under control for the moment. I hope it stays under control for the entire holidays. That Snowshoe grog that Cindi mentioned is great. I had it several times at Snowshoe West Va at a ski lodge there. Man did it fight the cold.

The tent idea sounds good for the feet as well. Fay A knows her stuff. Get to feeling better ok?

Nina

great guy. I wish I could come and see you! If I find anything raunchie ( and there is a good chance I may in my internet travels)

I will post them via pm specially for you!

I hate to say my poor taste is because I am a daddy's girl but for much of my young life my dad had more in common with Homer Simpson than Ward Cleaver.

Lots of that changed when he quit drinking and smoking when I was 14.

I am grateful too for the advice about hydration and chemo. I am going t buy a case of non flavored pedialyte and Koolaid.

Hugs Charlie D

Eppie