No Rest for the Weary

Carleen

I think Keith's doctors have forgotten its Christmas time, or forgetten that we are only human with human limits and weaknesses.

We are just trying to recover and rebuild our positive attitude after Tuesday's bad news, and now I find myself back again waiting for more test results and needing more prayers and support.

Wednesday Keith woke up with a terrible headache, so bad that he came home from work after only 1 hour. Now, for those of you who don't know about Keith, he doesn't miss work for anything. He works at the hospital, so he goes to chemo and then goes back to work for the rest of the day. He has to feel really really bad to miss. Thursday and today he has felt a little better but still has pressure. His oncologist says he's concerned because of Keith's recent cancer growth and activity so he ordered him in for an MRI of his Head, Neck and a spinal bone scan. Apparantly he hasn't had these areas looked at in a while either so he is worried.

So, now I am worried too...again. Keith is back to worrying. Does anyone think it is possible that we'll get the results back before Christmas so we don't have this black cloud of anxiety over us throughout the holiday?

Anyway, please include us in your prayers during this holiday which is known for its miracles.

Thanks all, and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas filled with all God's blessings.

Oh Carleen,

Maybe TAnn is right and some strings might be able to be pulled. I will certainly hope that for you. I will also hope and pray that maybe this 'headache' may be due to the stress of this week and the news received earlier. Maybe no more than that!

If hope, prayers, and wishes could make things better....well, you guys would be just SOARING at this point. Don't think I have THAT much influence. So hope you will settle on prayers and cyber hugs.

Love,

Kasey

Keith, I'm with you on the work thing -- getting myself to work every day for all this time, even though a real challenge at times, has been way at the top of the list for me. Maybe since you work there someone will cut you a break and get you some results? Maybe, maybe ... we'll hope so.

Hope things get better for you and that you get some much deserved help.

My best wishes to the both of you.

Di

(((Carleen and Keith)))

Hoping strings will be pulled and you'll get good news before Christmas Day! Gotta be some "human beings" there who care about a co-worker, huh?

Sending all caring thoughts and strength. You guys try so hard, you deserve to have the cavalry ride in on this one and save the day!

Leslie

Carleen and Keith,

I just saw this post and I am praying you got some positive news. If you didnt get the results yet, Enjoy eachother, hold eachother close and enjoy you're holiday together. Yes, Christmas is a time of miracles and I am praying for one for you!

God Bless you both,

Jane

Thanks everyone!

No news yet, we will hear on Wednesday. But, it's ok. Keith and I have had a beautiful Christmas together putting all worry aside.

We spent Christmas Eve afternoon with his mother and her side of the family eating laughing and enjoying the day. Then came home, put a fire in the fireplace; piled the floor with pillows and blankets and settled down to snuggle the evening away with a bottle of champagne and lots of kisses. Today was just as wonderful with church and worship and a reminder of the blessings we were given. Followed by a full day of family and caring, giving and sharing.

Worry and tomorrow will come quick enough on there own, no need to seek it out and ruin this day.

Merry Christmas to everyone here. I pray for you all every day and every evening. I love you all and thank you so sincerely. I don't know what I'd do without you.

Carleen and Keith,

I've been thinking of you both every day and I'm so relieved to see that the two of you had a lovely Christmas! What makes it even better, is, knowing the two of you from this board, I know the enjoyment of the events and each other was genuine.

Did read the update in your history, so I know you're facing some more hassle here in the near future. Wishing you both as easy an experience as possible and that this new regimine does the trick!

Leslie