ADC

Sandoster

At the risk of you all thinking I am crazy, I have to ask - have any of you experienced an after-death communication from your loved one? I have been doing a lot of reading about this topic since Donna passed, and I have had some signs that I am convinced are from Donna. For instance, just a few days after she died, I was out on our front porch where she loved to spend her time. I was crying and grieving for her. Suddenly, a hummingbird flew right in front of my face just about 8" away from me and just hovered there looking at me. Donna loved hummingbirds, and I believe that was a sign from her that she was free and still around me. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Yes I have had many experiences that just can not be explained away sense my Johnny died. One is a robin. Robins are a special sign for me. If you look back at some of my posts you will see many things like that that I have posted.

You can also do a search for stories here about life after death. It is a very popular subject. At any rate most if not all of us here believe in those signs and many of us have had more than one sign. I really believe that our loved ones see and hear and send us what we need when they know that we need it the most!

Read as much as you can. You will see what I mean.

I am sorry for your loss, but so happy that hummingbird came. I have 3 feeders outside of my classroom, and the red-bellied woodpecker is my favorite.

There have been odd moments, when I am very down, or high on anxiety, when I look up and the woodpecker is at my window feeder. (Very unusual for them). A coworker and friend had lost her son (26) then his cousin (25) almost to the year in November. On the day the cousin had died, the woodpecker was at my window for the longest time ever.

I shared this with Barb, and we both agree that God is sending us a message.

Continue watching your birds.

gail

I have had quite a few experiences since Daddy died last December. The most significant one happened on the night of his passing. Those of you who have been on the boards for a long time will remember the story. I had been staying at the hospital almost 24/7 for the last week of his life. He had ALWAYS promised me that when he passed... if there was a heaven and if there was anyway at all he could let me know he was okay, he would.... anyway... I was not in the hospital when he passed. I had gone home to shower and was on my way back.

My cell phone had rung and I was on the line with someone else so I didn't click through to answer it... after I hung up from my call, I clicked over to see what call I had missed and the message on my phone said " Missed It Dad".... My husband was with me and he witnessed this or I would have thought I was losing my mind.... I laughed, I cried... I was so at peace knowing he was in heaven and he sent me the sign he promised he would... I will forever remember that and pass the story down to his great-grandchildren. I do believe our loved ones are never far from us. Cherish you "visit".. Love, Sharon

Yes, I got a message written into the bathroom mirror steam from my hubby, about 5 months after he passed. He wrote..

"Babe

IM OK

I miss U2"

My in laws saw it and almost passed out. I was fearful for a long time, but am now OK and feel blessed that he had the energy to do that. His passing was sudden and unexpected, so I guess he just needed me to know that he was OK.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences with me. It gives me GREAT comfort to know that Donna is still alive in spirit and that she interacts with us in the ways that she can. I have to say that I am struggling today to enter this new year without her at my side. I have to work on changing my perspective of her existence. While she may not be here physically, I know she is here spiritually. And I thank God for that.

Happy New Year to all of you and my this new year bring us all peace and the best possible experiences.

love,

Sandy

I have also had these experiences. Most recently since my Dads lung cancer..its butterflys. On the way to the hospital a few months ago my brother found a huge butterfly sitting on the ground. My Dad said it looked weak so my brother picked it up and put it high on a bush. When we got to the ER we really thought my Dad was near the end. In the room right above my Dad was a picture of butterflys. When I left the hospital and returned home that day a butterfly was sitting on my front door. I know its my grandmothers spirit( my dads Mom). My Dad is not doing well right now and my friend brought me a plant last week. She handed it to me and said she had no idea why, but she found this butterfly decoration she felt she had to put in the plant. I feel my grandmother is here to help me with my Dad, she will be waiting for him.

NancyT

Yes...I believe. I have had numerous experiences since losing Dennis. I have also had two visits with a medium that were absolutely amazing! So glad you know that Donna is with you!

I am so glad to read some of you have had ADC. I am so looking forward to that. I want so much to experience one from my dear Mike, and my brother, Ron ...who left us so suddenly. :( I want to know he is ok. I have done searches on the internet for the subject..and just pray my turn will come for the peace I need to feel. God bless,Nancy C