David P's first CAT SCAN

David P

Hey everyone.

Is there any difference between a CAT scan and a CT scan? I'm about one hour away from my first ever CAT scan. They didn't have them when I had my operation way back when,and I was in for a checkup two weeks ago that was required for my re-certification as a Level Two Occupational First Aid Attendant. There was a fill in doctor who was very interested in my one lung status and my bike racing, and she was wondering what type of follow up was done after my surgery. I told her I had an X-ray each year for five years and that's it. So she suggested I go in for a CAT scan, and there was a cancellation for today, so I'm in. And besides, you all talk about your CAT scans and your PET scans so often, I was feeling a little left out. I'll let you know the results when they come in; I'm not expecting anything out of the ordinary. Talk to you later.

David P

Well David at least now you"ll know first hand what we are talking about. I bet the technician will be amazed that you are such a long term survivor and this is for first CT. Let us know the good news.

Hey Dave, ENJOY !!! :shock::shock::shock: , make sure ya ask for the contrast, might as well get stuck while your at it. :D:D , your my hero man!

" be all you can be "

God bless, stay well and ride hard!! :)

Bobmc- NSCLC-stage IIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"