At 12:00 where were YOU?? Happy New Year!!

Cindy RN

My night was a little different!

My exchange student from Korea had several!! of his friends over. They watched the new year celebration on TV. I got to see it thru them. They had never seen what goes on in New York! They counted down and yelled alot!!

I also was baking cinnamon iced rolls for Sunday School class.

May God bless each and eveyone.

Cindy

I spent the night with my husband, two kids, and Mom and Dad. We had a very special night together. We had a wonderful dinner, watched a couple of hockey games (Dad's favorite thing to do),played a fun family game all together, and watched the ball drop. Dad actually stayed up to ring in the New Year. I was able to see him smile a few times, which made my night. I will forever have these memories, no matter what 2006 brings for my family.

Denise

We had a few couples over and had a wonderful evening playing games and talking. Ate some great food and watched the ball drop. Now usually when we've done this everyone leaves just after midnight but last night they stayed until after 2:00! We were really dragging when they left. Hey Andrea--I sold another cookbook though!

I was in a cabin in Eureka Springs with my DH and kids, my Mom, 2 brothers, SIL, and friend. 9 people, 1 cabin, but we had fun. No TV reception out there at all, so we coordinated cell phones and a GPS for our countdown. The we scared the beejeezus out of the wildlife with fire-free poppers.

It sounds a little Beverly Hillbillies, but we had a good time!

Happy New Year to you all!

:) Kelly

I usually work on NYE, so I can hopefully see the first baby of the year, but this year I had the night off and my husband and kids and I had good intentions of staying up. Unfortunately, we all fell asleep and for some reason I woke up at exactly midnight! Weird, huh? We put the kiddos to bed and stayed up a little longer watching Dick Clark. I was also happy to see him!

Cathy

Well, for the first time in many years, we were invited to a New Year's Eve party at friends' home. We went, knowing Lucie could not last unitl midnight, but whatever time we had would be worth it, and it was. There were 8 couples, so it was a warm, intimate gathering, and it was a sit-down dinner. Lucie and I both had a great time. Around 10:30PM, she needed to go home, so we did. As for midnight, Lucie was in her recliner and heard the fireworks. I was in bed and did not. But the party was neat for both of us. Don

Well....I wasn't going to fess up, but since Lynne did, I will too. I was in bed ASLEEP. BUT at midnight firworks all around us!!! Teddy (dog) woke us barking and barking. So we WERE awake to welcome in 2006. Fireworks to the south at the country club, fireworks to the north at the park, fireworks down the street in the neighbor's driveway :lol: !

Teddy is resting up today, poor guy! And a Happy New Year to all!

Kasey

I really am not a holiday person. I never was. It started when I was single and hated Valentine's day. I believe holidays do nothing more than depress a certain sector of the population :)

Last night I feel asleep :D I woke up at 12:03. I dozed from 11:30-12:03 :) It was rainy, we rented a couple of movies and that was it.

All in all uneventful and I did not make it too midnight - I think a lot of it is depression and exhaustion. But, I do like to try to do something though since my son's birthday is 1/1. So we went to an early w/ some friends and their kids. Came home, lit the chanukah candles and DH and son watched the GIANTS win !!!!!!!!!! I did puzzles w/ Ashleigh and put her to sleep normalish time. I went to sleep around 10:30.

I was up in northern Oklahoma with my daughter and grandchildren and of course, my son. Watched the worst DVD I ever saw (Serenity?)and then watched Dick Clark while we got homesick for NY. One thing that neither Jess nor myself ever realized when we were East Coasters - when your in CST you get to watch the ball drop at 11 pm and then watch the rerun at midnight!! :shock::shock: How wierd is THAT??

Anyway, all the kids except one made it to midnight and did the pot and pan thing. All in all, a low key night- the way I like to do New Years Eve. :) Left early afternoon and made it back home and off the highway before the wildfires started up again..