Not a happy new year....

TAnn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TAnn,

I know how you feel. We just keep getting slammed. And it is okay for us to be discouraged and afraid and angry.....for a little while. But let's try to limit how much time we spend in anger, okay? Because time is so very precious to people like us. We don't want to leave those we love unable to recall who we really are because we spend too much time caught up in anger. Trust me on this.

Teri...when the going gets tough, the tough get going and you're one heck of a tough gal!!! I hopeyou can talk to your doc soon and get a better handle on what's going on. I know how frustrating it is to have all these questions and not be able to get them answered by someone you trust. You just hang in there and know that we're backing you up with lots of love and prayers!!!

TAnn, this is bad news indeed. I pray for you every day and will continue to do so. Some stuff called immunasist has helped me with the cancer. It has its own web site and is a natural medicine. We will continue to lift you up to Jesus and ask for a reversal of the cancer so that it will be shrinking. lots of prayers and thoughts going your way. love pammie

Dear Teri,

I saw this last night and wanted to crawl under my bed and hide there forever so that I would never have to hear bad news again about my friends. I just don't know what to say. All I can do here is just roll out some words and pray that God uses them to lighten your heart and at least reduce your fears.

I know this was especially tough news because you have suffered so much with the chemo, the pain, etc., etc. and just kept at it hoping with all your heart that it was worth it. Well, Teri, I'm sure it was worth it, and there is still so much hope. Think about what size those tumors would be and how many there would be if you hadn't gone with Alimta. I shudder to think. The Alimta has bought you more time - more time to find something else that will work - that magic something sitting out there just waiting for our TAnn to receive. I pray with all my heart that this is what is happening.

You have been such a good friend and inspiration to me. You've stayed in touch with me since my dreadful day in August, and for that, I am so grateful. I can hardly bear to think of you having to endure anymore of this cancer crap, pain, or the resulting treatment side effects. You will never, never know how much I wish, how much I hope, how much I pray, and how strongly I want you to get well.

You'll also never know how emotional I'm feeling right now.

Love and hugs,

Peggy

Oh sweetie,

I am so mad about this news I could spit!

Words cannot express the level of unhappiness at the void that is cancer. not worth expressing. The feeling is just so ugly.

I just want to help you. Please tell me what I can do. I am going to Houston next week (THurs Jan 12-16th) to see my dad.

Hang texas tough, babe. We'll get through this. I am praying the big brains at MD Anderson can come up with a plan to kick this in the *ss, too.

Much love,

Eppie

I am so sorry to hear that your road got a lot rougher. Please just stay focused and keep the hope going. You have a lot of prayers going up for you and I am a firm believer in prayers. Miracles do happen and you are certainly due one. Find out for sure what you are facing then roll up you sleeves and do battle.

Teri,

I know you had to be shocked to hear such a report. My prayers are that once you talk to the doctor it won't look so bad. You have worked so hard and endured so much already. You deserve a break and I am also praying that MD Anderson's has just the trial for you.

Oh TAnn. I am sorry you are having to deal with all of this. It breaks my heart that you are. Prayers are about all I can offer but you have them from me.

I hope we can be of help to you (some of the advice you have already gotten is so good).

Nina