My Dad passed away...

mitzu

He died on Jan. 2nd at 8:50 p.m., while my Mom and I held his hands. He was peaceful. He started "going bad" that morning, when he started having difficulty breathing. However, he smiled at my Mom and asked for pain meds, while his breathing was very labored. As soon as the liquid Morphine kicked in, he fell into a "coma", and his facial lines straightened out, like he was accepting everything. The night before he became lucid (despite months of confusion and hallucinations), and he told both my Mom and me that he was going to die the next day and that he loved us very much. We had a chance to say good-bye, and I'm so thankful for that chance!

My Dad was the best. I feel very privileged to have been his daughter and to have inherited his personality. I had his unconditional love and I'm so grateful for that. This is what helps me grieve better.

Thank you all for your support and all the good thoughts and words you're all going to write.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your father. I know how hard it is and how you must be feeling right now. My dad died in October and my mom and I were with him as well. It is a very difficult thing to watch someone you love so much slip away from you, yet such an honor to be there and let them know that they are not alone. I feel the same as you about having a lot of your dad's traits and believe me, that is what will get you through this. God bless you and your mom and I will say prayers for you for the hard days that will follow.

Please accept my sympathies for you and you're family on the passing of you're Dad. I too think it is an honor to be there and hold his hand as he leaves this world and goes to Heaven. I held my Brother's hand all that day and until he took his final breath and it was truly an honor to tell him how much I loved him and have him know I was there.

I am so happy you're dad was able to talk with you're Mother and you the night before and to express his love. What a blessing.I pray for comfort and strength for you're family.

God Bless You All,

Jane

Mitzu, I am so very sorry to read of your loss. I am so glad that he was able to talk to you and your mother before passing. I will be thinking of you and sending hugs your way.

I am so sorry for your loss. Your dad sounds like a wonderful man, and you will always have your memories of him with you forever.

You know that he is at peace now, and how wonderful that he was able to regain his mental abilities enough to let you know what you already knew in your hearts - how much he loved you.

Darci