Lou Rawls passes from LC

shelliemacs

© AP

Lou Rawls

Singer Lou Rawls Dies at 72

Jan 6, 10:58 AM EST

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Grammy Award-winning singer Lou Rawls has died of lung cancer in Los Angeles. He was 72.

The velvet-voiced singer started as a church choir boy and went on to sell more than 40 million albums. He won three Grammy Awards in a career that spanned nearly five decades and a range of genres.

Rawls died this morning at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. He was hospitalized last month.

This morning on my way to work I heard his death reported. When they said only "cancer," not specifying location, I suspected it was lung cancer: the cancer that's not politically acceptable to name.

Where did you find out that it was, indeed, lung cancer? He did have one amazing voice. - Teresa

I am also very saddened to hear about this man's death. I was hoping that he would get well and use his celebrity to raise much needed research funds for lung cancer. So very sad.

I heard, but what I heard was he died of LC and Brain

cancer. But we all know what happened. I wish they could tell the correct story so at least people would know the truth.