My Daddy Is at Peace Tonight

jdjenkins

My Dad went to heaven tonight at 6:50 pm. He was in his own bed surrounded by his loving wife and four children. A piece of my heart went with him, and nothing will ever be the same. I miss him already.

As I was laying in bed with his body tonight, the last 15 months of chemo, radiation, doctor appt., and scans flashed before my eyes. All I could think about is what I would give for one more appointment to take him to. I hope he knows how much I loved him, and how hard I tried to find something to help him beat this cancer.

I had the best Daddy in the whole world. Tonight I'm sleeping in his "World's Greatest Grandpa" sweatshirt. The one he is wearing in our avatar picture. He truely was the "World's Greatest".

Thank you all for the love and support you have given me over the past year. I thought about you all so much in the last few days. This is truely a wonderful site.

Denise

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. Hold tight to what you did for your dad, and it will help. He's at peace - may you find comfort in the days ahead.

I have found that having done everything we could for my mother (and her being grateful for our care) makes grieving easier. I pray you will feel the peace of knowing you have helped your dad make the best transistion posssible. He is in paradise - but you will struggle with his loss, and I pray you will feel God comforting you.

Denise,

Losing a Daddy is one of the hardest things I have ever done. I believe our Dads knew how much we loved them - almost as much as they loved us. My Dad died in 1983 and I still have, and wear, his light blue windbreaker jacket...not enough to wear it out - just enough to give me comfort. Nice knowing it is right there in the closet.

My thoughts and many prayers are with you and your family, Denise. I am truly sorry.

Love,

Kasey