Mike's not bouncing back

shineladysue

Just a brief update on Mike. He is just not bouncing back from all he has been through these past few weeks. At present he just wants to sleep a a lot, has no energy, a cough and very little appetite. We just had him to the pulmonologist on Thursday for a follow up and told him that the Levaquin he put him on when he left the hospital didn't seem to work. He is still coughing and feeling rotten. He put him on Augmentin and said in two days he should be better. It's two days later and he still has no energy, coughing and low grade fever. Mike put in a call to the doctor and we are waiting to hear from him. I hate weekends, as it leaves me feeling so far away from help. In the meantime, we would appreciate your prayers. I'm just beside myself at this point and really falling apart this time. I'm paralyzed with fear. Thanks for listening.

Love,

Sue

(((((((((Sue)))))))))),

I wish there were SOMETHING - ANYTHING - I could do. All I got is for you to know that prayers have been, and will continue to be, said for you both. I am here this weekend with you! Wish that was of some help.

You know, of course, you can PM. Would that help? I just wish I could be there to hold your hand in person. Hope you know that I am holding from here.

Love and prayers and HOPE,

Kasey

Sue, you are so right, weekends are scarier, you feel so isolated and that if you call they may think you are crying wolf. But you know what, if it will make you feel better and maybe get Mike some relief, call away or go to the ER.

I hope Mike feels better and my prayers are with you both.

We're all there, holding your hand, if only in cyber space. And it's quite true -- weekends can be the pits, and if you need to call the doctor or go to the ER, do it...that's why they have these services.

In the meantime, I'm keeping all bodily parts crossed that the meds will start kicking in and Mike will feel better as time progresses. Hand in there, the both of you!

Ellen

Sue,

Prayers for Mike. I think I know how he feels. Sounds awfully familiar to the way I feel. When you think about it Sue, we sure have had a lot of poison crap dumped into our systems and it just takes time to get the crap out. I feel for him and know just how hopeless it feels at times but we gotta have hope that our immune system will take over. He is really fortunate to have someone so caring as you. God Bless you both. Git R Done.

CharlieD

Sue,

I've just been through something like this. I started out with a bacterial infection in my sinuses, that went to the lung. Antibiotics cleared that, but I was hit again with another infection, and this time it didn't respond to antibiotics. Turned out to be another fungal infection, and it was a bad one. It time to diagnose because everyone initially thought it was a viral pneumonia. Not so. I spent a week on antifungal medications. Please check into this for Mike. Our immune systems are shot. We are on frequent antibiotic therapy for bacterial infection. And we are often given steroids. All three of these things along and by themselves put even those with normal immune systems at risk for fungal infections. Give them to folks like Mike and me, and you can pretty much guarantee that we'll end up with a nasty fungus among us. Don't delay in suggesting this to his physicians. I truly believe has I not started the Fluconazole when I did I would not have survived through last weekend.

Thank you everyone... Well, we never heard back from the doctor , but as the day wore on Mike began to feel better in spite of it all. For days he hasn't felt like doing anything or answering email. This afternoon he actually started to feel more alive . We just pray it continues. This disease brings with it so many problems along the way... we all can only take it one day at a time and pray for the best , but it sure helps to have a caring bunch of people here to help. Love all of you. Thank you for being there for us. Will let you know tomorrow how things are. Was just in chat and got to speak to Frank... :) and several others. It was really nice. Hope to see more of you there next time.

Love,

Sue

Hi Sue.

Just logged on for the day and see your message. Why is it always the weekends that he runs out of steam??? Glad to see your update now and that he is feeling better. Surprised the doc hadn't called you back. Wow.

Anyway. You've always been a good friend to me and think about you and Mike regularly, of course. Prayers that his stregth continues on an uphill climb.

Cindi o'h