We had hospice come today.

I feel so awful but also I know we did the right thing for her. I can't stop crying today I also cried in front of my mom today I can't hide the pain anymore. Getting hospice involved is admitting that she is dying but also the hour that they come to do an evaluation made me understand that they can help us. I could just see in her eyes that she want to fight but she doesn't have the strength to. We also are from Italy so we don't have that much family here so the support is really between us (me, my brother and my sister) but some of her friend are trying to come by as often as they can to help. And also the fact that Holly lost her mom it makes me so sad. I just came to this board but I feel so connected to you people. We have something so sad in common.

Sorry I just needed to vent!

Martha

Dear Martha,

I know how difficult it is to bring in Hospice. I just did this week for my Dad also. I know it will be a big help with not only pain conrol but also support for the whole family. These steps are so very difficult to make. I hope you will find it helpful

NancyT

I truly feel for you Martha... went thru the same thing about 2 months ago with my mom. After we met with hospice though they reminded us that some people recover and live to see the day that they sign out of hospice... there is always hope, and all hospice really means is that your loved one will get better care. Wish you all the best.

Dave

Martha, I am so sorry to hear that your mother is not doing well. Hospice will be an enormous help to both you and your mom. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that she is pain free and all of her needs are being met. They will be a great source of friendship and guidance for you and your family. I am remembering you and your mom in my heartfelt prayers.

Martha,

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I remember when Dad's oncologist suggested calling Hospice, it was like a punch in the stomach. I truely felt ill. But, after the initial shock wore off and we were introduced to Hospice they were a God send. You will find them to be helpful in just about any situation you find yourself in. I will be keeping your Mom and you in my prayers.

Jean

Martha I am so sorry your mother isn't doing well right now.

I understand what you mean about calling hospice can admitting that she is dying. I would feel the same way, as if it were giving up. But I agree with what NavyDave said about holding onto hope. Hospice does not always mean the end of the battle. I also heard so many stories of people who have signed in for hospice only to improve and go forward with more treatment and more life. In my time here on this board I've personally met a few of those people, and believe that you can hold onto hope.

I will be saying extra prayers for you mom to regain her strength, receive the support and care she needs from hospice so she can recoup and check out of their services.

God Bless you both