Hello

mplkn

Hello, all good people of lchelp.

I've been quietly visiting for the better part of a year now, and have finally decided to say hello.

My dad has been fighting nsclc for a little over a year now. He's blessed with deep faith and an extraordinary constitution. For these reasons, although the disease's progression has been relentless, his functional status has remained astonishingly good, even as signs of progression have been increasingly evident.

At present, I don't want to take you all through the past year blow by blow - I've put the briefest of highlights into the signature.

Just wanted to come out of lurk mode now to commend the wonderful work you all perform, and to take a quiet place in the circle, if I may...

Many thanks, and may God bless you and yours.

Michael

Welcome Michael. I am glad you found us. I hope your dad's latest chemo does the trick for him. Make sure he drinks lots of water before--during--and after the infusion it will help with the body aches and side effects. Good luck to you both.

Hello Michael,

If you have been lurking for a while, you must know there are MANY here suriving, improving, and beating the odds. For example, just read the Profiles of those replying to your post.

A big welcome to you and you Dad. Hope to be able to support you and get to know you better too.

Kasey

Just wanted to come out of lurk mode now to commend the wonderful work you all perform, and to take a quiet place in the circle, if I may...

Hi Michael,

I am sorry to hear about your father but wanted to say welcome to our little family. You will find loads of info here. Whatever you are feeling at the time, someone here has traveled in your shoes. Stay with us and keep us informed of your progress while we travel this road together. We will cry with you or laugh with you. Just let us know what your needs are. The best advice I can offer you is to take it one day at a time and don't read between the lines. No need to borrow trouble.

Please don't take a quiet place. Jump right in here and post what is on your mind. The fact that your father is a 1 year plus survivor is hope in it's self for many. Again, Welcome.

Many thanks to all ...

I appreciate the thought that the fact that Dad's gone over a year with this is meaningful. I've felt the same way.

In that year, he's finished several projects that he very much wanted to finish, he's been able to take on the kind of transition planning that can be so important, and he's been at the center of a family consciously pulling itself and its emotional resources together.

For as deadly grim as some of this year has been, in many ways it's often been beautiful as well. I feel our family has never been stronger.

I'll post again down the road.

And thanks. . .

Michael,

Your Dad sounds like a remarkable and likable man. If you could bottle some of his attitude and character, you'd make a fortune.

I posted a congratulations for one year survivorship for you Dad in our LC Survivors forum! He has earned some congrats!

Leslie