I Hope This Will Help....

Guest dantedressage

Guest dantedressage

Hello everyone, My name is Kimberly and on Wednesday Jan 4th my father (62) went in to the hospital and on Friday was dx'd with Extensive Small Cell. Chemo was started on Sat morn and finished up on Monday morning. Wow. I have literally drowned myself with information about small cell. I can't get enough. Now, I want to hear stories and experiences similar to what I'm going through now. I am so glad I found this forum and I hope it will help.

Where is my father now? What is covered with cancer at this point: Liver, Pancreas, gall bladder, stomach rib bones and vertebrae. Will the brain be next? What do I expect? Less than 12 months? I am strong and hate rose colored glasses doctors. Give me the hard ball so I can deal with it. Ugh. Thank you guys for your time.

Hi Kimberly: Welcome to this site.

I don't know much about small cell lung cancer (sclc). My cancer was non small cell. There is a forum here for sclc where you can visit and ask questions. Just reading people's profiles will give you a lot of information. I have read that sclc is more receptive to chemo but it can come back more easily too I think.

There also is an "ask the experts board" where you can ask specific questions.

I would venture to say that no one can guess how much longer your father has to live. Cancer and the treatment of it is an individual thing. It really cannot be generalized accurately.

I hope your father finds a treatment plan that knocks the disease back for a very long time.

Don M

Welcome Kimberly,

You have come to the right place for support and information. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. It must be quite a shock to hear those words - lung cancer.

Please come here often and keep us informed of your progress so those with sclc expertise can help you.

Kasey

Guest dantedressage

Hey guys. Thanks so much for your response. I'm just getting the hang of this board and I'll be heading over to the SCLC page. Terrible that we have so many choices....

Welcome. I had NSCLC but do want to mention that SCLC if more susceptable to chemo. Boy did they get your Dad's started really quick! When is he scheduled for his next dose? How is he doing. Best wishes Donna G

Kimberly -

Welcome - I am sorry you had to be here...but am glad that you will get a ton of support and lots of info. I do not know anything about small cell lung cancer - as my mom had NSCLC -- yet there are lots of people here who can help you.

Hang in there...the beginning is the toughest part.

Holly