Lucie Update 01/18

Don Wood

Don,

I'm sure Lucie is discouraged, but the way that Lucie kicks cancer butt, I'm sure she's going to thrive with the new chemo!

You tell her to start getting out her catalogs- its almost spring shopping time! And remind her how much we wish her well...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don & Lucie,

I know you are somewhat dissapointed as you wanted better news. But no progression is good.

She has the best caretaker in you Don, you two are so special.

Prayers sent out to Lucie for no side effects from the Altima.

Maryanne

Don & Lucie,

I've thought about Lucie so much and I'm glad to see an update from you. It sounds as if things are stable and that's good news. As for the Alimta, Mike was on it from December til April. The main side effect with him was tiredness. He did have two other side effects that I will tell you about. He had a slight rash that didn't cause any problems , but he ended up developing pneumonitis. The results were that it kept him stable all during the time he was on it. I will be praying that Lucie does well on it. If I were to give any word of advice it would be to pay CLOSE attention to any shortness of breath because it can get severe very quickly. Good Luck..

Love and Prayers,

Sue

Don and Lucie, so glad to hear that there has been no progression of the lc, but I know that you must feel disappointed that there was no improvement. Sounds like your drs have a plan in place for Lucie, and I hope that this works well for her and that she tolerates it well!

Don & Lucie,

Darn it!

I'm praying that the Alimta will have DRASTIC results.

My Mom was on it for a short time and had very minimal side effects.

She was tired, but that seems to be the case with any chemo.

I'll ask her about it more tonight and let you know.

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

((((Don & Lucie)))

I am sorry you had such disappointing news. But the no progression part is definitely good. I will pray for Lucie every day that the Alimta is kind to her and that it works miracles on her.

Keith is currently taking Alimta. We haven't had any scans yet so I can't offer anything up in the way of hope for the effectiveness of the treatment. The side effects he's been having are tiredness and stomach cramps. He feels nauseous for about 3-4 days following treatment, and then has on and off stomach cramps for the next two weeks, which seem to relate directly to activity. So, when he tries to push himself too hard, he gets a stomach ache.

God's love be with you both, as you already have our love.

Carleen

(((((Don)))) ((((Lucie)))) I'm sorry Lucie is facing more chemo, but I hope it is just the thing to do the job.

What I will say with Alimta is--If things feel really not good... if there is fatigue and difficulty and side effects that make Lucie, not Lucie talk to the doctor and see if it might be wise to look into other alternatives. Do scans first I guess, and see if it's doing it's jon and then weigh the costs. It seems like when it's good and works for folks it can be gentle and just do it's job, but sometimes the effects outside the 'norm' seem to really mess with a person's system and it's hard to bounce back.

I posted yesterday....but it doesnt seem like it went thru. :( I dont know what happened

I wont go into everything I wrote yesterday and I will say that I am wishing the 2 of you all the best!!!

It looks as though my mom will be starting the same treatment soon. We will know for sure after her appointment Monday. I'll be giving updates about my mom once she starts. Maybe if we share some experiences it will help us/them thru a little