Lucie Update 01/18

Don Wood

Don

I'm so sorry to hear that Lucie has to endure yet another chemo. I had 7 rounds of Alimta and the up-side is it is a 10 minute drip. Steroids the day before and the day after chemo and steroids the day of chemo in the IV. My side effects were fatigue, rash, and that achy flu like feeling on about the 3rd day.

Good luck Lucie!

TAnn

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Don,

Lucie's disappointment is understandable, and I probably understand your disappointment even more, Don - even though you didn't speak it. Been there - done that.

A big hug to both of you! (((((((LUCIE and DON)))))))))

I will pray that Alimta shrinks that liver tumor to INVISIBLE.

Love,

Peggy

Somehow I missed this on Wednesday.

You are both such amazing people. I love how you can take a disappointment and make it sound positive. I believe it is your outlook, love, and faith that have kept you going so stong. Good gravy, our Miss Lucie is the toughest cookie I know!

Looking forward to hearing how well she is doing. You are both in my prayers!

:) Kelly

Really hoping this will work for Lucie. Tim was getting prepared to start it, and we were doing the folic vitamins and vitamin B injections, but he turned out to be too weak due to other complications. We had to cancel the prescription for the Alitma.

My best to both of you and I pray for success.

Cyndy

Thank God for "no progression." Lucie has been my inspiration through my mom's battle. She continues to be the poster child for successful stage IV treatment and I am THRILLED eith her latest news. I can understand why she is disappointed...but really, I am so happy for you both. I will pray that the next chemo is easy on her...and that ut attacks the crappy areas. :)

Lots of love,

Holly

Dear Don and Lucie,

I don't visit here often, but when I do, your posts are models of "stick-to-itiveness." You have also given me support in one of my posts in the past. It was a very supportive help to me. Thank you.

That aside, my husband, Bill, will be starting Alimta this coming Wednesday. He had completed the Gemzar/carboplatin regimen with scans showing STABLE on everything, except on a neck nodule.

So, the chemo regimen which had begun in October will be now continuing, but this time with Alimta.

As with you, we are entering this with hopes that Alimta will work for us toward a successful outcome with little or no untoward side effects (it's the list those "possible" side effects in the readouts that scare us mostly).

You and Lucie, will be in my daily prayers for a successful outcome.

Carleen, you and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers, as well.

Barbara

Glad about the "no progression" part Don, but sad to hear that Lucy has to go through chemo , (and all that goes with it,)again. Lets hope it does the trick this time. You two are always in my thoughts even though I don't get to the board very often these days.

Paddy

Glad about the "no progression" part Don, but sad to hear that Lucie has to go through chemo , (and all that goes with it,)again. Lets hope it does the trick this time. You two are always in my thoughts even though I don't get to the board very often these days.

Paddy

Hello-

I've posted here occasionally and have been given some wonderful advice and encouragement--anyway--my mom was on alimta, now heading into her 8th cycle--it worked quite well for that time for her--nsclc stage iv with brain mets--her latest scans show some growth so she is starting a new drug next month, waiting for approval--but, alimta was good--very few side effects, mostly fatigue and achiness for about 4 days.

best wishes to you both!

Denise

Don & Lucie, NEver got the chance to start that drug but was supoosed to on Jan 23 when Deb passed awy. Lots of prayers for you guys and much love to you . Go get em gang we are with you always.

Don - keeping the "good news" in the forefront in hopes that the Alimta works for Lucy. Jim was on it last year from Jan-March. It was a quick infusion, had to "chew ice" during the infusion to prevent mouth sores (which he did not develop). He went through 8 cycles, and although he was a "poster child" for his first Taxol/carboplatin with few side effects (other than hair loss), the Alimta really knocked the stuffing out of him... red count dropped drastically and he had to have 2 transfusions. He was cold all the time and spent months sitting on the sofa wearing a jacket and hat and wrapped up in blankets. Unfortunately it did not work -- there was no shrinkage -- and he went on Taxotere after that. I have heard that Alimta has worked for others so I hope Lucy has that kind of luck with it!! Good thoughts are with you!!

Sandy

Jim started on Navelbine about 6 weeks ago. His white count dropped and they had to cancel one treatment. His pain has increase a lot and they have him on Fentanyl patch (50) now but he is still getting breakthrough pain whch he handles with Tylenol and/or oxycodone - seems to get better relief from the Tylenol. They don't want him to take too much of that tho' becuase of potential liver damage (don't want himn to take Ibuprofen either for the same reason). The pain seems to be related to progression into the pleua. Scans not due for another 3-4 weeks. Would like any information on effects others have had from Navelbine... he is wondering if the chemo is somehow causing the pain?

Sandy