In memory of Brian, Bill, Laurianne,Mark ,Beth, Nancy et al

Jyoung20

Here is an update on the fundraiser: This is turning into an awesome event. I am so excited.

At last count, we have 15 middle and high school bands confirmed verbally (deadline not until Feb. 4th) and about 40 soloists. The Memphis Sound Drum Corp will be hosting a brass and percussion clinic for the kids. Judges will have a clinic for the woodwinds and strings also. The band judges will be hosting a question and answer session for the directors during this time. (This will all happen right after lunch). The Memphis Originals Café (Mo’s) will be setting up a studio for the winning soloist to record their performance and take a copy home with them. We are trying to put something together with the Orpheum Theatre (Kind of like an American Idol for instrumentalists) to go around to the schools and promote a shortened version of a Broadway musical. Amro music is donating trophies for the winning bands and soloists. I am giving three $100.00 cash prizes to the winning soloists. (All winning participants will receive a certificate and an “angel playing a horn (our logo) lapel pin. Fear Nothing Music Gear will be providing event staff t-shirts with sponsorships listed. Our website should be up this week and all sponsorships, memorials, and honorariums will be noted there as well.

Troop 240 Boy scouts will be handling parking and concessions. My sisters will be making lung cancer awareness jewelry to sell at the event. We have a graphic artist and printing service that have donated their services. I have contacted the event coordinator for 7 local radio stations and 2 televisions stations about advertising needs. I have a group of 4 women that are my “power four” that are helping me along the way. We have been accepted by the Arkansas Activities Association. So, Arkansas bands and groups can attend. This is a City School sanctioned event.I have contacted all of the state band organizations throughout the Southeast region about invitations. The event has been promoted on most statewide websites and message boards.

(Nationally reknown composers)

Anne McGinty and John Edmondson will be donating autographed music and monetary donations as awards to the winning groups.

All awards and trophies will be given in memory of people that have succumbed to the disease.

Here is the list of current awards.

Jessee Dewey Award---$100.00 cash prize for beginning division soloists.

The Beth Yenney Award ---$100.00 cash prize to the winning middle school division soloist.

The Brian K. Osberg Award----$100.00 cash prize to the winning high school division soloist.

The Donna Prevost Awards are trophies going to each division winner.(Trophies donated)

The Laurianne's Hope Award will be given to the winning middle school concert band. (Trophy donated)

The William Slovacek Award will be given to the winning beginning band. (Trophy donated)

The Mark Anthony Mollica Award will be given to the winning high school band. (Trophy donated)

The Nancy Nissalke Award will be given to the runner up in the beginning band soloist division. A gift collection donated--(book bag, lung cancer bracelet, and other kid friendly items.

We can have as many awards as we want--the possibilities are endless. As you can see, most of these awesome people are from our website. If you are intested in a memorial award, please contact me. This is a positive way to reach our children and remember those that we love. The deadline for everything is February 17th. I have to get all program information to the graphic artist at that time.

We need more awards if any of you guys and gals are interested.

***More runner up prizes for the soloist divisions.

****Anything you think a middle or high school aged child would benefit from.

We are planning on having a power point presentaion on a very large screen to show pictures of the people behind the awards as they are presented.

We can have as many awards as we want--the possibilities are endless. If you are interested in a memorial award, please contact me. This is a positive way to reach our children and remember those that we love. The deadline for everything is February 17th. I have to get all program information to the graphic artist at that time.

PM with your e-mail if you would like any other info.

Thanks everyone!!

Jamie

Thanks everyone!!

Jamie

Jamie,

I am totally AWESTRUCK!!!! What an inspiration you are. How in the world would one even begin to put together something of this magnitude?

I am proud and privileged to 'know' you and even just a little bit teary as well.

Love you so much for doing this,

Kasey

We are always in need of money. However, if you would like to give an award in honor of or memory of someone--we definately won't turn it down. I am trying to make this an event that the kids,teachers, community and survivors will want to continue to support year after year. An unforgettable experience!!!

Thanks for your interest!!!

Jamie

I had a meeting with my "power Women" last night. We are going to have a power point presentation while the awards are being given. So, I need pictures. If you could mail them to me that would be great. (During the loved ones award, their picture will be viewed on a HUGH pull down projector screen.)

PM me and I will give my address.

Thanks and God Bless!

Also, we are going to laminate all of the stories on cloud paper with our logo at the top. We will have them displayed in key locations throughout the school on music stands. (To make sure the kids read them.) If you have pictures we would love to use them.

GOD BLESS!!

Jamie

www.lungevity.org/playingforacure

Wow Jamie,

It sounds like your event is going to be a huge success. I'd be happy to send you some pictures of Bill and I know you still need some information about him too. Separately, I'll be sending out a donation for the event to you in the mail.

Can you give me an email address for the pictures? I'm not sure if I can send attachments within a PM here on LCSC?

Thanks,

Beth

Lynda, if you could attend I would love it if you could present your sister's award. I could do the talking (you certainly can say a few words if you like)and I could introduce as the presenter. What do you think?

GOD BLESS!!

Jamie

Hi Jamie my name is Henry and Iam Laurianne,s Dad .I want to thank you for including Laurianne in your awards.It is a great contribution to her and her son Calem .I wish I could attend but we are living in California.Thanks again you are making my day.