Broke down in doc's office...(long, sorry)

If It helps any, I have "Meltdowns" at work, Doctors Office Car Parents House All over town basically. Lots of people I think do not understand what we go through with this disease and all terminal diseases. THe thought of never knowing scaares me all the time. I give thanks every morning and every night and I always tell Deb I love Her. And I do mor ethan anything.

I agree with everyone who replied. It is RIDICULOUS that an oncology office would be so absolutely uncaring unfeeling. Shame on them!

Bless you and your Mom..we all are human, scared to death and just want to live. Sometimes it is so overwhelming it is unreal. My husband and I pray each night that I will get through this and let me tell you, it is tough to hold back the tears..it is all so overwhelming even after a year of dealing with it.

May heart goes out to you.

Midge

I am a scardey cat when I go to any doc appointments. And, when I get scared, I cry. So, I cry at every appointment. Bummer. Freaks the doctors out...poor things.

In real life a am tough. At the doctor's office, I am puddles.

I can't help it. The more I try to stop, the worse it gets. So I have stopped trying.

You're not freaky! (I am!)

I am glad your Mom got rehydrated and yes, take care of yourself too.

Hope she will perk up and you both will be able to make some good decisions for her future.

Cindi o'h

I remember when they told us the same thing. I broke down, I never heard her oncologist say the hospice word before and that was a shock and a cold shower. I cried and you know our moms they try to be strong for us they sure can remain calm. So your reaction was totally normal.

Hang in there miracle do happen.

Martha

Every thing has changed now for me. Read about Debbie and rsw1124 and you will see. I meltdoown going to the grocery store. I made my peace and so has deb.

It is normal to still be tired 2 weeks after radiation. Radiation continues to work for 4 months after the last treatment.

Recent studies show some patients, especially older ones, become anemic during radiation but are usually not diagnosed or treated for it. She should have a blood test to see if she needs some iron.

Either way, I don't understand the comments made at the doctors office. It is normal for your Mom to still feel tired. Hopefully it is not normal to show so little compassion for patients and caregivers.

Lee