strange things

lilyjohn

My Dennis used to absolutely love Cheese-Whiz and strawberry jam sandwiches. I would absolutely cringe just thinking about the combination. He finally convinced me to try a bite and I've been hooked ever since! I always have Cheese-Whiz and strawberry jam in my fridge. That's my true comfort food!

I think a lot of Americans find Filipino food strange. As an example, I enjoy eating pork chops with vinegar.

I've also tried frog's legs, ox tongue, snake's soup, shark's fin, chicken intestines, pig's ears, peanut butter beef (a famous local delicacy), 3-day old chick, balut (unhatched duck).

If anyone's interested, here's a picture of chicken intestines -

70816367_1742dcebaa_m.jpg

(Sorry! Does it look too gross?)

Ann, On medium browned toast, I am a strawberry jam and cheese fan too. Not cheese whiz though. I like a slice of good cheddar or colby. Add to that a slice of boiled egg and slices of green pepper and/or slice of good cervelat or summer sausage. Delicacies.

For a change, try it with Gjetost, a Norweigen goats milk cheese.

Lots of combinations...all to tantilize the taste buds.

I don't know how odd, but I like to dip my french fries in mayo and then Sweet Baby Rays barbeque sauce. When I was younger and could handle it, I used to eat a bowl full of peanut butter with maple syurp on top just as if it was a big bowl of ice cream with fudge.

One of Keith's favorite things is tomato casserole which is nothing more than a can of whole tomatos mashed in a pie plate, topped with one sleeve of crushed saltine crackers and a whole stick of butter and then baked. bleck!

I used to love a big wedge of cabbage with mayonaise on it. Then I had a case of colitis and had to give it up. I think I could eat it again but my waistline says NO :!:

I am probably on of few people who don't like peanut butter and jelly. Don't add anything sweet to my peanut butter. Just smear on a lot of real butter. Another protest from my waistline but once in a while I indulge myself.

My father's "working outside all day and need something to stick to my ribs" breakfast used to really gross me out. Here's the layers:

Pancake, fried egg, pancake, peanut butter, fried egg, pancake, peanut butter, maple syrup. Sounds nasty, looks worse when all those more liquidy things start to mix...BLECH!

My own little bit of nausea inducing food was cheddar flavored Tater Skins potato chips with white frosting...tasted real good when I was pregnant, would surely make me toss cookies now!