My Precious Dad!

bethluvswill13

Im writing here with the most devastating news possible. My dad fought for five long painful days. He never complained and always held his head up. He passed away last night. He had a real rough day and was tired. He told my mom and I he couldn't live like this and he was miserable. My mom and I new something was going to happen. Although you never are prepared for something of that magnitude. I know my dad could have continued to fight, but he was to strong-willed and independent to live on machines. He was someone who hid a lot of emotion and affection, but he loved me in a different way and I knew it. We were so much alike and we acted a lot alike. Its funny I never saw it until I got grown and had my daughter. He was a wonderful husband, father, grandfather and friend. He was so proud of my daughter. He enjoyed her and she made him laugh.

I will always love him and cherish every second I had with him. My dad made my heart smile! My heart is forever broken! I'll never be the same person as I was four months ago and will never be again. He picked his time and he was ready.

DX 09-17-05 Died 01-18-06

He was loved by all who knew him. He touched a lot of peoples lives. He was an inspiration to me. I'll be with him again and I'll never tell him goodbye.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I'll still be around here. I want this monsterous disease to be researched and funded just like other cancers. I think its not because people stereotype this disease.

Thanks,Beth