TAnn update

TAnn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tann,

I hope the pain gets resolved soon. Bill's suggestions sounded good to me. Best of luck with the new chemo. I have no experience with that combo so I can't add anything about side effects.

You are in my daily prayers Tann. Keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed for you. Keep us informed, I really worry when we don't hear about you.

Nina

TAnn-

My Dad had that chemo combo and he had no bad side effects at all... so I am hoping you have the same... and it did shrink his tumors.... I am sorry you are in pain daily, it must be so unbearable to not be able to gain relief. I am praying for you. Love, Sharon

TAnn,

You are and will stay in my prayers.

Bill had a good suggestion, pain management

is the most important step for you at this time,

the relief form pain would give you more strength

for the chemo.

Best wishes, vibes and always prayers.

Hugs

Jackie

Hi Tann

I is so good to hear from you. I am really sorry for all that pain you are going through. I pray something works for you real soon.

Everything crossed that the next round of chemo works for you and helps reduce that horrible pain.

Please when you can keep us posted on your progress.

Meditative healing prayers sent out to you.

Maryanne

TAnn: I hope the new chemo give you much benefit. I read of a British study that shows carbplatin/gemzar to be of good benefit in treaatment of advanced nsclc compared to other combos. Here is a link:

http://www.cancercompass.com/cancer-news/1,10251,00.htm

If I were you, I would inquire into getting avastin added to the mix.

I hope you get the pain managed before long. You have my prayers.

Don M

ugh, I wish there were a way to treat this monster without so much suffering. you've withstood more than many. I am crossing everything that will cross (thanks to yoga, there are many things crossing :D )

please let us know how we can support you through this.

xoxo

amie

TAnn,

I am so sorry to hear you are having so much pain and unable to control it. I hope this chemo is the one that does miracles for you. I will be keeping my fingers, toes, and anything else that can be crossed, in hopes that you find relief and improvememnt.

I understand your frustation, because my dad was also a difficult patient to treat with meds. They did not relieve his pain and he would get many side effects from most meds. Advil also seemed to be what he would go back to taking. The Drs. always wanted him to try and take the narcotics, but we soon learned he needed to take what helped him.

I hope this is the chemo for you TAnn and soon you are feeling much better.

Take Care,

Diane

Tann,

I have been on the 3 week gemcitbine/carboplatin for about 6 months. I've had shrinkage of about 50% and almost no side effects. I feel fine, and do everything I did before cancer. I had mets to the arm and brain and had radiation for these. I also take morphine sulphate (30mg twice a day) and celebrex (200 mg twice a day). I don't have pain and have been great.

Hope you have good results - keep trying the pain killers. You need to get to where you never get to the point of pain.

Best wishes.

Mary

Hey TAnn,

So glad to hear from you. Praying pain management can figure something out for you. Did they discuss draining any fluid. My dad had that done and it relieved so much pressure and pain. I don't know your exact situation and if it's even possible for you , but it's worth it to ask. Good luck and take

care. You are always in my prayers.

Love,

Mare