Sign in to follow this  
KatieB

Dad not better

Oh, Katie, I am so sorry about your Dad...I havn't been around in a few days-the power outage didn't help. I hope that your dad will start to get some strength back-I know how the not eating can drive you crazy with worry-on top of everything else. You and your Dad and family have been in my prayers and will continue to be. The story about you neighbor Julie was amazing and a tribute to the human spirit. The whole 'is it the treatment or is it the disease' is soooo frustrating! Please know that we are all behind you and your dad 100%. If there is anything I can do. Please feel free to ask. Please know that I am praying really hard for you all. Deb

Dear Katie,

I'm just sending you more LOVE and LOTS of HUGS! (((((((KATIE)))))!

Take a minute and let your wonderful Rick give you a HUGE HUG FROM ME! OKAY?? OKAY!!! (smile) They really do help to make you feel a tad better!!! ((((((((((KATIE))))))))))))

You know your family is in my thoughts and paryers. You don't have to be strong every minute of the day. I know your a strong cookie, but I know your hurting BIG TIME inside!!! Love ya Hon!

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Katie - Sending my prayers on to you and your Dad. You sound like such a wonderful daughter, I am sure your Dad loves you with his heart and soul for all you are doing for him. You take all the time you need with Daddy right now and don't worry about any of us!! We will be right here when you need us. Love, Sharon

:cry: My heartaches for you I know how much you love your dad and I can only imagine the pain you must be having watching him go through this.

You are such a great daughter to him, I am sure he thanks God for you all the time. My prayers are with you and your family.....

Hi Katie.

I want you to know that... well, you've always given me support and you are very special to me, so I am sorry you and your dad have to go through this. I am praying specially for both of you. Yes, I pray again, thanks to something you told me, so thank you for that.

I'm always thinking of you and your dad. I have always loved and admired your dedication to him.

Hang in there.

*HUGS*

Katie,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I hate this damn disease! :evil: Please know that you and your dad are in my thoughts. I am praying your dad gets some relief. You are a wonderful and loving daughter and I am always inspired by your dedication. All my best to you.

Katie,

I hope your dad is doing better. I am saying special prayers for him and your family. I pray that he gets stronger and is able to eat again and that the walker helps him. Have you spoken to his doctor about adjusting the amount of chemo that he is receiving? Does he go weekly or every three weeks. How are his RBC's? If they are low, I am sure you are aware that he would be tired from a low count. These are just suggestions.

You are a special daughter, hang in there and praying for a speedy recovery for your dad......

God Bless and praying for a "CURE".......

Karen

Hello friends,

Dad is hanging in there. He is losing his hair again..fell out in clumps the other day. We are sure this is from radiation...on a better note, his appetite is better. Ever since that anniversary party he has been eating alittle better. The weakness has gotten worse and he is having a difficult time sitting up from a sitting position and the "down" time on the sofa is pretty much all day except when he has to go to appointments, but I am told this is normal with both brain rad. and chemo combined.

We still have hope, some laughter, and a lot of love. That's all we need really. Don't know when any testing will be done, but I am sure they will be done once radiation is complete and the cycle of chemo is finished. That's when I will be freaking out again. I do pray that this treament is working.

Thanks to all who replied. You guys are the best and always in my prayers.

P.S. KAREN: My dad has had chemo-induced anemia (low RBC) since last year. He takes iron-sups and an arenesp shot every other week. He gets this new chemo weekly. Before that it was every other week and before that - last year- he was on the one week on-three weeks off regimen. So all of this contributes to his tired/weakness....He's just really tired of being sick and tired. Wish I could "fix" that for my sweet dad.

:(

Hi, Katie B - your story about your Dad and Julie at the picnic brought tears to my eyes and also made me smile. She sounds like a special girl. And your Dad sounds like a special guy, I think it's great they're such good friends despite their age. I love stories like this, when through the circumstances of tragedy perhaps people are brought closer and love each other when perhaps they may never have.

Take care, your family and Julie are in my prayers.

Blessings,

Karen C.

Katie,

I know your dad is going to get stronger and get well. He is so determined and with all the love in your family it will happen. Keep the faith, believe and God will heal us.

You are such a fine daughter. If I had a daughter, I would ask that she be as caring and loving as you. Prayers for your dad and your family.....

God Bless and praying for a "CURE" for all of us.

Lots of hugs

Karen

Dx'd 3-03 - 3A - Radiation 3-25-03 to 5-15-03

NSC Taxol/Carbo 4-01-03 to 5-20-03

Started chemo again 7-23-03 Taxol/Carbo every 3 wks

Katie-I just pm you. I had not heard an update on your dad for awhile. I do understand the tired of being tired. I have had trouble with that this last 6 weeks or so. After 6 mos of chemo I guess the ole body says ENOUGH! :D Tell him he is in our prayers and so are YOU! You caregivers are all special people!

Guest kjdenver

Katie,

I am new to the group. Just logged on yesterday for the first time. But already I can see how much love and support you have shared with others who are going through difficult times. Your warm smile and your loving attention to your special dad, clearly demonstrate that you are an angel for him.

My prayers took on a whole new meaning this morning. Now I see why we all need the prayers from others to help us through this collectively. Please know that you and your father will remain in my prayers. :roll:

Kevin

Katie----very glad his appetite is better but so sorry he is not feeling ok----

hoepefully he will regain some of his strength and have many many many, many more years with his loving family

regards Eileen

Katie,

Sorry so late to join the post, but I've just gotten so behind in every facet of my life (except Keith).

I just want you to know how much I think about you and your sweet father and am sending up prayers for you both. You have always been there for me with prayers and kind advice. Your love and dedication are radiant and apparant to all that meet you.

With all that love and support he is receiving, he will beat this latest slump.

Sending my prayers and love

Carleen