Dad's back in the ER tonight.

eppie

more pneumonia this time in one of those loculated "pockets " of effusion....still wainting on the xray to see.

He's resting more easily though and not in any distress. The home nursing people drew blood this morning and saw his WBC was going low again. He wasn't eating and threw up twice. HE told the onc today he was going to take this week off chemo.

Thanks for the prayers.

Much love to all,

Eppie

Eppie,

I am sorry to hear this. Is your Father being given Neulasta Injections to boost his white blood cell production? Mine tanked at .8 for several weeks, had a single injection of Neulasta and it went up to 22. (rose so high because I had already developed pneumonia and a severe sinus infection while the white count was so low. Came down as the infection cleared.) If he isn't getting these injections then it is time to ask why not. I was not offered the injections. I had to ask about them when I went through chemo two years ago. I get them now while going through chemo.

Prayers for your dad tonight. Glad that he seems to be resting comfortably. Is he getting the WBC shots like Neulasta or the other one (forgot the name) -- my mom got them every week, even on her off chemo weeks.

Hang in there and stay strong.

XOXOXOXXO,

Holly

He had neulasta two weeks ago and an aranasp shot.

This was prior to the last WBC dip and hospitalization.

They will prolly give him some platelets and neulasta tonight.

Prayers everyone....time for early bed. Gotta end this day afore it ends me.

Much love,

Eppie

two steps forward, one step back...

I didn't know that your Dad had a loculated effusion, Eppie! I do too. A bunch of loculated effusions after the pleurodesis/talc procedure.

So he has pneumonia in there, huh? Bummer. Just curious, are the effusions making him more suseptible to pneumonia?

Well, I know how draining a sick Dad 2,000 miles away can be.

Prayers coming for divine intervention. Get some rest, Eppie.

love, Cindi

Eppie, am busy today Wifes Funeral But am saying prayers for everyone especially many prayers today for everyone that we know. Much love and Joy today.

If anyone says anything about KETEK to treatt this please ask them for anything else. It is new and beinnng invesstigated. DEb was on it for a week before she passed. Must talk to onc next week about this.

Am saying Prayers from under the Carolina Blue skkies wwith many loved ones to day

Just wanted to send you lots of hugs and prayers for your dad. I hope he continues to do well and beat the pneumonia. I also wanted to tell you that I haven't had much to smile or laugh about since I lost my dad in October but your Napolean Dynamite avatar gave me a big chuckle....thanks for that!!