My Chemo Cancelled for Tomorrow

Fay A.

My Oncologist is really sick with the crud I had last month and this month. So all of her patients have been cancelled and rescheduled for next week. Say a prayer, please, that she is feeling better soon, for her own sake as well as her patients. I was told her temp is over 103.

I saw my Primary Care Doc today, and he told me that when there is only one area involved in the chest wall-pleura (and he doesn't think there are two tumors. He thinks one is a broken rib...and I think I agree with him) I may be able to have it surgically removed and the chest wall reconstructed along with the broken ribs removed. I sure hope so. The one tumor is just huge...and I'm hoping we can make it go away. I guess you could say I am cautiously optimistic.

Oh Fay! I just love seeing your optimism. You are an inspiration, and I just feel in my heart that you will come through this without that big bad tumor and with and new high-tech bionic chest wall. I don't know if it will help you run 6o miles and hour like the bionic woman, but maybe you will be able to huff and puff and blow my house down. :wink:

I am saying many many prayers for you to get your treatment, for your doctor to feel better soon, and for a successful surgery for you. My hands are crossed in prayer, my fingers are crossed in hope, and I will be braiding a section of my hair, keeping those strands crossed until I hear from you to do otherwise.

We love you Fay!

Praying for you Fay. My whole family including myself had that, so called crud, over the holiday's. Two of my grandchildren devolped pneumonia. Not fun.

Good luck and take care.

Love,

Mare