My dads scans results .. but im very mad at the doctor.

christymike

Im not posting in the good news because im so upset right now because the doctor doesnt even consider it good news. Get this... my dads scans are clean and was told that the cancer has not spread and he instead has a crushed vertebrae. So my dad asked if he could have Iressa and the doctor told him that Iressa is only for breast and colon cancer and does not work for lung cancer. Then he told him that he has never heard of such a thing as maintence program or drugs for him.. Then he told him to come back in 3 months and if the cancer has spread then there is no futher treatment options for him.. $%^$@! I dont understand.. hes not even going to do anything for him so whats the point of wasting money and insurance checkin on it every 3mos? I told my dad to switch doctors and then throw a lawsuit against them since the scarred his lung and needs oxygen and now the back is messed up maybe caused by the radiation also... What do you guys think about this... Very confussed and upset all your advice is greatly appreciated.

Love

Christy

Christy it sounds like your Dad's doctor is trying to provide no treatment to encourage spread of the cancer and stagnate improvement/remission. GET RID OF THIS WORTHLESS so called doctor before it is too late. Your instincts are right on target. As for the legal aspect, I think that is a decision only your Dad and you can make...one only has so much energy and fighting this monster takes a lot of energy!! Good luck. Your Dad is lucky to have you to help him in his battle!!!

I certainly agree with finding a new doctor. Cancer is not something you just forget about after one clean scan.

Too many people think that a doctors word is equivelant to the word of God. It's good that you showed your dad how unhappy you are with his treatment. While you can suggest that he find a new doctor, don't push too hard or you may strain your relationship with you dad.

Hopefully your dad will see the doctor for the person he or she really is and take your advise.

Even though you are upset, I'm glad to hear the good news about the scan.

Joe

You are quite the same as me.....becasue my dad is treated by the government hospital, we cannot rely on them too much as those doctors are too busy and they cannot pay much attention & focus on every's patient case. We then go out to seek for another private oncologist's opinion and try new trials through him. Government hospital does not have too much budget on trying new drugs etc......

On the other hand, my dad quite trusts those docs. in government hosiptal, my dad relies on them much, i understand the reason behind bcoz if you do not trust them, what can you trust at this moment?? How can you justify about what they are doing to you?

I understand that, I know I am not the doctor, I am not a professional, but just hesitate the resource problem, not hesitate their ability & professionalism....Just wonder whether they have enough time to have research & get timely information while they are too busy with all patients.

So I will seek other oncs. help.....

Seems your doctor could be borderline idiot. I would definitely look for another one. Just sitting and waiting is not how this disease is controlled. I would get a progressive doctor be done with it.

Christy...

Please, please encourage your dad to IMMEDIATELY get another Dr. My husband is on Iressa, and is holding the cancer in his lung and lymph nodes in check. We did find out 2 weeks ago he has brain mets, but since he finished Carbo/Taxol, they had not done a CT of his brain, so I think the mets were there BEFORE he started Iressa.

This Doctor has no clue....

Kathy

Okay there is more... the doctor told him that the tumor is still there and will not shrink anymore and that he believes it is still in him lymph nodes. And that it will come back anytime because he believes the cancer is somewhere but hasnt shown up yet. So does this mean my dad is really a stage IV but never told him of a restaging.? I dont get this disease... or the doctor.!! Im so upset i feel like crying right now.. I dont understand