Prayers Please for Connie B updated 8/23 new ribblon

Donna G

Today Connie went to surgery. The tumor in her lung was very far back and her surgeon was not able to remove it by a sternal incision. Because the lung was manipulated the surgeon felt it would be safer not to do the heart surgery today because she would have to be on Heparin. A new plan is being discussed. Of course Connie is on a vent , medicated for rest , in ICU . Hopefully tomorrow they will be able to take her off the vent and as she begins to heal we will learn what the new plan will be. Please PRAY PRAY PRAY. This is a rough day for Connie

I have said prayers for our dear Connie. I pray for her every day as well as everyone her on our forum......

By his stripes we are all healed. We just need to keep our faith strong, and believe. God is good.

God Bless Connie and all of us

Praying for a "CURE" for all

Karen

Connie,

Though not what we all wanted for you, this is a set back only. It doesn't mean that there isn't a plan B, or that plan B won't be doable. You spend your energies in recovering and breathing on your own, and don't waste your strength worrying about what didn't work out today.

"When a door closes, God opens a window."

Love,

Fay A

Guest Cheryl Schaefer

Thanks for keeping us updated. hile it is not the news we were hoping to hear, we know she is a fighter and sounds like the doctors know what they are doing. She probably can only go through so much at one time. Please let her know we are all thinking about her and offering our prayers.

Aloha,

Cheryl

I am sorry but my update today will be late , I am working at my hospital today, after I will go to United Hospital. As Connie is in ICU and can't "answer ' the phone, Maurie can't use his cell phone in the hospital etc. Donna

Home from work , finally got through at the hospital, Connie is off Vent HURRAH . :D:D:D moved to 'special care " I am on my way to St Paul now , more to follow. Donna

Just got back from United Hospital and visiting with Connie. She said she was out of bed today and stood beside it while they changed the linen. She was sipping on chicken broth, jello, and sherbet. She is on telemetry ( portable heart monitor) and has an oximeter ( checks her oxygen saturation) and some oxygen by nasal canula. Of course she still has chest tube that so many of us know what that is all about. Her pain meds are not giving her much relief especially when she has to cough so they are going to set up a PCA of dilaudid. Today she was able to start reading all your messages, she LOVES THEM :D:D:D Maurie was reading to some to her and his just beamed when he read David P 's about Connie being a person he most admired When we were leaving she said " where are my messages, I want to read some more . They really made her so happy . I told her I 'll add more as they come. I am thinking we should start a new ribbon this one is getting slow to open Till tomorrow , ( after I get home from work) Thanks to all for your words of encouragement. Donna

Dona, you are such a dear friend to Connie. Bless you!

Connie, I just had to get online and check on you. I am so glad to hear you are on the road to recovery.

You know, you gave such a nice message when I posted about my father-in-law passing away. I had always thought that if he stayed around a little longer, he would very likely look like your husband especially when wearing his glasses. (Hope I am not offending Maurie, but he does have a little more gray. :wink: ) Since you made comments about my "handsome father-in-law", I am assuming you saw the resemblance as well. He was very handsome and we choose to remember him today in that way at his memorial service. Handsome, strong and caring.

God bless you, Connie B. Keep up the fight against this monster. I will be praying for you every day.

Karen M.

Donna: Thank you for all your updates. You did good until you got to that damn chest tube. I think that is the worst part of the whole affair, but am glad she is getting up some. That is important to get up and move around.

Again, when you see her, ((((((((((((((((((((CONNIE))))))))))))))))))))), from the Baraboobian. Tell her that, she'll get a laugh out of it.

Connie/Donna,

Donna, thank you so very much for keeping us informed about Connie. You are truly a good friend. Connie, your posts are greatly missed on this board and we are all looking forward to hearing from you soon. Connie, you go girl..... Kick this monster in the bud and get well soon.

You are in my prayers every day as well as everyone else here on this board. You are a fighter, you beat this before and you will do it again. By his stripes we are healed..... Keep the faith and God Bless us all.....

(((((((((CONNIE))))))))))

Lots of Hugs to a wonderful and caring lady......

Praying for a "CURE" for all of us

Karen