I'm pitiful...and an idiot!

kamataca

So...I'm in my Algebra class today. Suffice it to say I tripped, and smashed into my overhead projector (much laughter from the 8th graders). As I try to maintain my dignity, I notice the overhead has gone dark. Now, I had just put in a new bulb (teachers, you know how we are lectured abut how expensive they are!) and panicked.

So I thought, "Surely I just knocked it loose," and opened up the door to push it in to place. I know, many of you with rational minds are thinking ,"Hey! Aren't those things hot?" :oops:

So yeah, I pretty much burnt the top of my finger off. And of course, it is the 'naughty finger', so as I am favoring it today, I am having to watch that I'm not shooting my students the bird!

I did call my friend who is a burn nurse, and she walked me through what to do. She assures me the pain is a good sign. Yippee!

The great news is that I actually shouted, "Ouchee-wa-wa" instead of the many other words that leapt to mind. Of course, those 8th graders who laughed want to see my finger. I may just show it to them!

:) Kelly

Kelly...this must be IAW week (Injuries at Work). I slipped on the floor at the office and hit my head on a metal shelving unit. Immediately, I had a knot about the size of a hen egg on my forehead. It has just started to turn blue. I am just imagining the klaidescope of colors that are yet to come. To add insult to injury, my boss had to remind me that this knid of hit on the head can be very serious to a 50 year old! I'd rather take the lick on the head than to be reminded I'm 50....lol!

I have two soon-to-be daughter in laws that are teachers. From the stories they tell, I think you should show the kids your wounded finger!!!

Hope your ouchie feels better soon!

Kelly,

The part of your story I'm in awe over is how you didn't swear! WOW! Pain always brings an "oh shi_" from me, don't know how I could have held it in with a rap and then a big bad burn! After my thoracotomy, when I was rolled over while the bed was made, I repeated it in a chorus under my breath...LOL...I wouldn't repeat it louder for the nurses, though.

Hope your bird is back to traffic duty soon!

OH MY G O D !!! 8th Graders??? Hummm, I guessing there home right now telling anyone who will listen about the DAH TEACHER that tripped and smashed the projector, etc, etc, etc, and lets just say they are calling that moment "PRICELESS"!!!! :oops::roll::wink:

((((((((((((((((KELLY)))))))))))))))))

Kelly, I can somehow picture that whole incident playing out... and I am laughing... I am sorry you are hurt, but I am sure it was quite comical.... Did your nurse friend tell you about Silvadine ointment? Excellent for burns.... Hope "the finger" is better soon!!!

Kelly I am sorry about your pain, but I just can't stop laughing at the thought of it. I bet it was quite a show :lol:

If it makes you feel better, you are not the only one lacking grace and coordination in public places. A while back while at the bank where I worked, I was passing through the lobby which was crowded on a Friday afternoon. I tried to make a jag in my stride to pass a slow moving person just to fall off of my shoes, which caused me to knock into a 5 foot tall display board and landed butt 6" deep into a large potted fern. When the display board fell off its pedistal and landed right on my gut my legs flew up causing me to kick one of my offending shoes off which hit my manager right in the kisser. My nickname from that point on with all my coworkers has been Grace, and they even made me a new name tag stating that. Luckily nothing was injured except my pride.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, Kelly, I am old now, BUT I was a YOUNG teacher once and THOUGHT I was very cool. It was in the day of 'short' skirts and I was looking very 'with it', you know. I was in front of about 28 12 year olds. To be even 'cooler'....instead of sitting on a chair, I thought it 'hip' to sort of balance on the end of the trashcan. Well, trashcan wobbled just enough and IN went my butt and out came my legs and upper body!!!! My rear was in the can...so to speak....while everything else was flailing about.

I bet those kids are STILL talking about ALL they saw that day!!!!

Kasey

PS: No bad words from me either. For all you non teachers....we have to take a course on 'things to say instead of bad words' before we can graduate :lol::lol: !!!!

Thanks for the good laugh. I needed that today. I do admire your self control.

It must be the phase of the moon or something. Yesterday I was cleaning up a little in my yard. I had an old screen that was bend and can't be used any more. I decided to break it up and throw it away. One good twist and it got even. It came back and smacked me in the mouth. Now I have a fat lip to explain! Believe me I didn't have the control you have the s***'s were flying :!: