Getting to know you January 28

lilyjohn

My all time favorite novel is Wind from the Carolinas. I have read it at least 6 times and it never gets old. It takes one family from the war for independence until the early 20's. I feel like I know each and everyone of them personally.

Gone with the wind would be second on my list.

As for authors I devour anything that is fiction based on history. So John Jakes and James Mitchner are two of my favorites.

Just the oposite is Dean Koontz. His stories keep me on edge. I can't read one until I can plan on doing nothing else because once I start I just can't put them down. Even tho Steven King writes in a similar way I don't like his works they leave me feeling uneasy. I did enjoy The Green Mile and The stand but those are the only ones my nerves allowed me to finish :!:

Thanks Lily!

This afternoon I was missing my David so much and feeling so alone, so tried to do all the things one is supposed to do to "get out of it" to no avail. Ended up by having a racking sobbing fit and then coming to the board to be with folks who I felt were probably feeling just like me or worse. Next thing is Lily has me running down to the basement to find out the name of the author of my second favorite novel! Thanks you Guys for being here!

My first favorite is, Yes, "To Kill a Mockingbird," and second on my list comes "The Jewel In The Crown" by "Paul Scott". It's about the turbulence of India in 1942. The book is split into four parts, it's a bit of a tome and takes some getting into, however, once in I was hooked. They did a series on PBS too, it was terrific!

Another good, short and very easy-to-read novel is "The Christmas Train", (sorry I can't remember the authors name.)

Paddy

I hate to be a conformist but I too loved 'To Kill A Mocking Bird' and also, 'The Kite Runner'. My favortie author is probably Nelson DeMille, I always look forward to his next book. But my favorite author can also be the current book I am reading.

Right now, believe it or not, I am reading a Million Little Pieces. There was no way I would not have believed that some of this was a big fat lie. Next book is the 'Time Travelers Wife' and then the 'Other Boylen Girl'.

I love to read.