Getting to know you January 29

lilyjohn

Winston Churchill is my favorite.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Winston Churchill

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

Winston Churchill

I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.

Winston Churchill

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

Winston Churchill

The one that suits my attitude more than any other is "Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not" Robert Kennedy

The other is this by John Donne I'm not sure if I remember it word for word and can't find my little book right now but it goes something like this

"no man is an island. Each is a piece of the main, a part of the whole. If a clod be washed away by the sea Europe is the less just as if a promotory were or a manor of thy friend or thy own. Every man's death deminishes me for I am a part of mankind so send not to know for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

there are so many.

my 'motto' is "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee", from Muhammed Ali, but there here are a few other little quotes I use as mantras in my life:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" Eleanor Rooselvelt

"Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in god's world by mistake." anon.

"God loves you just the way you are, but he loves you too much to let you stay that way." Anne Lamott

"Surely you don't expect me to land this plane."

"I do...and don't call me Shirley." From Airplane

xo