Small update on Mike-updated 2-4

shineladysue

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sue, I am so happy the Mike is feeling better and will be going home soon. I know how scary this whole issue must have been for you, but take a deep breathe and know that God is listening to your prayers and listening to ours. All glory to God, for he is doing great things with your Mike. I'm keeping these prayers going until Mike is 110% better.

I Sue, just thinking about you and Mike as today is Saturday and hopefully when you read this post your Mike will be home.

How is his coughing? You had mentioned that is was getting better. I pray it is under control now.

Keep us posted.

Maryanne :wink:

It's Saturday, Feb. 4th and we are home. The doc ordered one last dose of IV antibiotics this am and released Mike with a fist full of prescriptions. He's so very glad to be home. Is he better? I don't know . The doctor says yes, but he's still coughing, short of breath etc.. Guess we have to give it time and see. I had hoped for so much more by now. Mike says he thinks he is better. The doctor calls some of this the "new normal" for Mike.

He says Mike will get used to the cough and the way it feels and know when it is worse or he is in repiratory distress. He also said a temp of 99ish isn't a bad thing. Anyhow, he has been up sending emails and doing some stuff on his computer. He says he's not really tired. We shall see. Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes.

sue

Sue,

I'm so sorry things haven't improved for Mike. They certainly should have by now. There have been bits of good news interspersed with all the bad news lately and i certainly hope Mike is one of the good news people very soon.

Prayers for both of you.

gail p-m

Sue,

It really could be that it just takes longer for him to get better. I was freaking over Charlie not getting better and then suddenly he started improving and has now improved a lot. He is still coughing, but not like he was before.

Continuing to pray for you guys. Take care.