New Game - Remember When

Ann

Yeah Gerri, I saw the Beatles too, in 1965 and 1966 at Shea Stadium in NYC. I kept the ticket stubs. One of the greatest, most fun times I ever had.

I remember skate keys for your roller skates and having to get up to change the channel on the black and white tv! Also remember being told to get under our desks at school during "Air Raids" - also the Cuban Missal crisis. Boy, I feel old.

Joanie

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the Duck tail hair cut and dancing the BOP....But most of all i remember at the end of summer when the fruit was picked from the tree's and the garden harvested and while my grandma and aunt canned everything and getting to haul it all to the storm cellar and making sure it was all rotated...And i just found on E Bay one of my all time favorite rythm and blue's along with Rock N Roll singer with all his music on CD singing my all time favorite song Ain't GOT NO HOME by Clarence frog man Henry.And i've just about worn out the CD already.....

Tami, I still had milk delivered to the house until 2 years ago. When they stopped putting milk in glass bottles, we stopped the service.

I remember peg pants and Flaff flyer shoes and DA haircuts on guys. I remember Bandstand with Bob Horn, before Dick Clark. I, too Jackie, remember that I am old.

Hey all i remember American Band stand and Annette Funicello...And for you NY and NJ folk's try this one in the old memory bank's a Black version of American Band Stand called Jocko's Rocket Ship or something similar in name that i watched while stationed in NJ....

I remember fastening a playing card to the spokes of my bike wheel with a clothespin and enjoying the resulting noise as I pedaled 'around the block' and up the 'alley'.

My bike's name was pepper and I had to share it w/ my 2 sisters.

We washed it every week and we had those handle grip streamers.

Cool.

P

I miss my diet Pepsi in the glass bottle :cry: .

And I think Moms screaming "turn it down!" will last through the ages only now kids download minute old songs! Remember when we had to save to get that favorite album? Now, they're all a bunch of piraters, hope this doesn't bite me in the arse!

How about fast food in styrofoam containers?

Oh and I had a bag phone. At twenty years old, with a REAL car phone antenna on my vehicle, I was the most happening thing around.

You guys are part of the only 3000 or so people on this planet that know my real age. I'm normally very secretive about it, I have issues with age and it drives my staff crazy not knowing :D .

I remember when cheerleaders were cute and led cheers in skirts that contained at least two yards of material, not little sexpots with heavy make-up in skirts barely covering their butts at the tender age of thirteen...

I remember everyone's parents being Mr. & Mrs. Someone, NOT called by their first names. I remember being taught to say "yes ma'am" or "yes sir" and not "yeah". I remember swear words being a faux pas in public and not a rite of passage for pre-teens and up.

I remember when public phone calls were twenty cents.

I remember the video disk machine - movies on something the size of a 33 1/3 record that slid into the player.

I remember rabbit ears on the TV and reception being horrible when the electric mixer was on or a plane flew over.

I remember celebrating the 200th birthday of the U.S.

I remember when 30 was old...

S&H Green Stamps......and i think there was another kind maybe yellowish color. My grandma always saved them and when I would go to her house she would let me lick them and stick them in the book (she used a sponge). When I got older they were still around but that was like 20 yrs ago when i last recall seeing them. Anyone still have them where they live?

Kim

Like Kelly, I remember TV's with knobs. I also remember when the TV didn't work, we'd take a whole bunch of the tubes to tube testers in department stores to figure out which one needed replacing.

BTW, we still have a TV with knobs in the basement and it works perfectly. Don't know what we'll do if a tube ever goes.

gail p-m

I remember when nobody had a computer and we had to go to the library to do research.

Charlie remembers when cars had manual chokes and you had to choke them before starting.

I remember riding my bicycle to the grocery store, the Baskin Robbins and the Kmart. We never worried about anybody bothering us.

I remember almost everything above, plus I remember Hit Parade, big cars with big engines and drag racing, Frisch's Big Boy, milk delivery, when Michael Jackson was on the Ed Sullivan show for the first time - what was he 5 years old? I remember loving Judy Garland movies. I remember when there were no girl's athletics in high school - just something called the Girl's Athletic Association (GAA) where we went to the YWCA and swam. I remember cheerleading skirts that had to come to the top of our knees, senior cords,

and . . . .

I'm not as old as Ginny, Larry or JC. Bob Horn??? checks on stamps? the duck tail haircut? the BOP? You got me on those - YOU WIN !!! LOL!!

Love,

Peggy

I remember back when a hoe was a hoe

Coke was a coke

And crack's what you were doing

When you were cracking jokes

Back when a screw was a screw

The wind was all that blew

And when you said I'm down with that

Well it meant you had the flu

I miss back when

Lyrics fromaTim McGraws song called Back When :D

Bunny, Tim McGraw(singer) is Tug McGraw(Baseball player who passed away)or were you just being funny Bunny? (tee hee)

I remember when players from professional sports teams were making "good salary's" and stayed on one team.

Hey, Ginny, remember the Hot Shoppe on Stenton Ave. and the Mighty Moes.

Of course Hula Hoops. I was a champ then.

I remember big play pens that we actually kept our kids in while we cleaned. Heck I even put it outside my house, while I was inside... Mercy on me!!Wow Dryfess would probably be called today.

I remeber dark blue gym suits with our name embrodered on them

Bandstand and dancing with my banister.

Maryanne :wink:

Maryanne